• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorien

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor123 View Post
    Did any of you see a clause about trial period with Lorien?

I just received a contract with 7 day trial period and they say they can't remove it due to 'legal reasons'. I am still negotiating - any advice?
    Have a word with your client contract to see if they agreed the trial period with the agency. Then decide if you want to go ahead with the contract.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Have a word with your client contract to see if they agreed the trial period with the agency. Then decide if you want to go ahead with the contract.
      Thanks for responding

Yes, looks like the client wants this clause - agency can't change it. The client only agrees to remove it if Qdos confirms that it's a red flag in terms of IR35... Submitted it for review, we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by tractor123 View Post
        Thanks for responding

Yes, looks like the client wants this clause - agency can't change it. The client only agrees to remove it if Qdos confirms that it's a red flag in terms of IR35... Submitted it for review, we'll see
        I'd be surprised if they did and it would just be around wording is guess not the intent. Can't see having a cooling off period at the beginning would be an IR35 issue particularly... Unless it's exactly the same timescales they enforce on permies I guess.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I'd be surprised if they did and it would just be around wording is guess not the intent. Can't see having a cooling off period at the beginning would be an IR35 issue particularly... Unless it's exactly the same timescales they enforce on permies I guess.
          Thanks northernladuk. Qdos didn't have any issues with this clause, so I didn't negotiate this change.

Comment

I had some fun and games with Lorien when it came to contract renewal. They deliberately left it to the last minute to come up with the paperwork to put me off negotiating a rate rise

The client told me weeks before they were renewing so I knew it was a big game.

Comment

Does anyone know what sort of percentage Lorien typically take with their big financial clients? I know it’s par for the course and I shouldn’t really care, but after yet another example of them stuffing up and saying it’s not their responsibility, I’d love to know what they actually do for their cut and will ask if they would consider reducing their cut and O’S isn’t it on to me.

Spoiler - they won’t. But I might as well ask.

Comment

Ask them? If they are on a fixed percentage they shouldn't have any problems telling you. Probably near as dammit around 6%. A little up or down from that won't really make much difference.

Comment

My current agency Monarch had a nice payment scheme - Invoiced weekly for the first five weeks of the contract (paid at the end of the week following invoice) and then after week 5 moved to monthly payments.

Whenever I do professional services work during evenings and weekends I use 7 or 14 calendar day terms. 28 days to pay an invoice isn't acceptable in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                    My current agency Monarch had a nice payment scheme - Invoiced weekly for the first five weeks of the contract (paid at the end of the week following invoice) and then after week 5 moved to monthly payments.

Whenever I do professional services work during evenings and weekends I use 7 or 14 calendar day terms. 28 days to pay an invoice isn't acceptable in my opinion.
                    Why isn't it? Lucky you aren't direct or have a proper B2B contract. You could be looking at 60 days plus.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Ask them? If they are on a fixed percentage they shouldn't have any problems telling you. Probably near as dammit around 6%. A little up or down from that won't really make much difference.
                      I’ve asked for a meeting next week so will ask them, but good to be forearmed with a bit of info. I’m sure they will attend a pay lip service but I might as well try. Cheeky gits didn’t even find me the position in the first place....

Comment

Working...
                      X