• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Same job as contractor. Niche R&D skillset. Asking for too much?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I was advised to divide salary by 100 to give your day rate
    Not thought of it like that before but that is exactly what my first daily rate worked out to be against the perm salary I was leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      I was advised to divide salary by 100 to give your day rate

That works at the lower end of the day rate scale - when you're talking of rates over £500/day from my experience that doesn't hold.
      Last edited by DigitalUser; 11 August 2015, 11:44. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalUser View Post
        That works at the lower end of the day rate scale - when you're talking of rates over £500/day from my experience that doesn't hold.
        Probably, but this was back when I was talking about first going contracting 7-8 years ago up north.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

So rather than trying to come up with a 'fair number', why don't you just figure out market rate and pick that?

Comment

Working...
          X