• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schengen visa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schengen visa

Hi All,

I am in Tier 1 visa, contracting for a company in UK, with my own limited company. I'm from India. Now there is a requirement to travel to Germany and Netherlands for a 10 to 20 days each. I hold Indian passport.

1. Should I apply for schengen business visa via my own limited company? or

2. As it is for a short duration, Is it possible to work in schengen tourist visa in these countries without any issues? or

3. what is the right solution for this situation?

Please clarify. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Kannan.

Originally posted by CLICK2KANNAN View Post
    Hi All,

I am in Tier 1 visa, contracting for a company in UK, with my own limited company. I'm from India. Now there is a requirement to travel to Germany and Netherlands for a 10 to 20 days each. I hold Indian passport.

1. Should I apply for schengen business visa via my own limited company? or

2. As it is for a short duration, Is it possible to work in schengen tourist visa in these countries without any issues? or

3. what is the right solution for this situation?

Please clarify. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Kannan.
    If you are working you need a local work permit, Schengen business visas are for meeting, presentations etc.

Comment

Schengen Visa while on Tier 1 visa

Originally posted by stek View Post
      If you are working you need a local work permit, Schengen business visas are for meeting, presentations etc.
      Hi..Thanks for your reply. Most of the time It will be only meeting. So Business visa would be ideal.

But I would like to know the process for attending meetings in europe region while on Tier 1 visa in UK. If anyone has come across similar situation?

Regards,
      Kannan.

Comment

Not sure. You might try posting it here

Comment

Hi..Thanks for your reply. Most of the time It will be only meeting. So Business visa would be ideal.

But I would like to know the process for attending meetings in europe region while on Tier 1 visa in UK. If anyone has come across similar situation?

Regards,
          Kannan.
          You must apply at the Consulate in UK for the EU state you are visiting first. Check with the consulate for the docs they need, they vary, and some will allow expediters, some won't.

You can only stay 90 days in any 180, and a first visa is likely to be a single-entry for the exact term requested. Later ones will be multi's for three months validity.

I summer months it can take a few weeks to get an appointment, and you have to book on an automated phone booking system which costs £1.50 a minute and keeps you on as long as possible.

Comment

Regards,
            Kannan.
            I have done that before - exactly in same situation as yours. the answer is yes. U can ! let me know if you have any specific questions.

Comment

you will need invitation letter no matter if you have private or business visa. On tourist visa you will need all travel and accommodation booked + proof of financial means and health insurance.

Comment

Working...
              X