• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top 15 Recruitment Agency tricks...!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had 90% of these. The references one is the best.

Comment

Another classic

Me - "Could you send me a spec through and I'll take a look"
      Agent - "I don't have one"

Never hear from them again.

Comment

Also "we will put together a short list and let you know when we have submitted your application." Then nothing. Try to follow up (just once) and again nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Also "we will put together a short list and let you know when we have submitted your application." Then nothing. Try to follow up (just once) and again nothing.
          Why is this a trick. What do you expect?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Why is this a trick. What do you expect?
            They may try this to get some more phishing information out of me and use this as a carrot as per some of the other methods they try in other posts.

Comment

I must agree. The number of calls you receive is not indicative of the market. It can simply be that they know you're mid-contract and/or won't fall for fishing calls.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                They may try this to get some more phishing information out of me and use this as a carrot as per some of the other methods they try in other posts.
                And it might be they do short list you and you just didn't cut it. You aren't making them any money so you are dead to them. Pretty standard stuff. Not much of a trick.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  And it might be they do short list you and you just didn't cut it. You aren't making them any money so you are dead to them. Pretty standard stuff. Not much of a trick.
                  Sounds like children once they're 21.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I've had nearly all of these experiences over the years, what really frustrates me is all I want is a job to earn money and the fact that they have so much control over whether I even get put forward for the role even if I am more than suitable is annoying.

Most appear not interested in getting the right people the company want but more who is more likely to get the job & get them their money and even better get them more money. I hate these games but accept I have to play them to work this way but still hate them. I wonder how many jobs over the years I have lost that I would have got or been seriously considered for if the company had seen me direct without them as the gatekeepers in the way. Maybe if they were not so target and sales based on every aspect a lot of issues would disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                      I've had nearly all of these experiences over the years, what really frustrates me is all I want is a job to earn money and the fact that they have so much control over whether I even get put forward for the role even if I am more than suitable is annoying.

Most appear not interested in getting the right people the company want but more who is more likely to get the job & get them their money and even better get them more money. I hate these games but accept I have to play them to work this way but still hate them. I wonder how many jobs over the years I have lost that I would have got or been seriously considered for if the company had seen me direct without them as the gatekeepers in the way. Maybe if they were not so target and sales based on every aspect a lot of issues would disappear.
                      Yep I spent 2.5 years direct at a client, initially applied via the agent who told me that I wasn't suitable for said client, went direct and got the contract on more that the top end he was offering, I had great delight when he contacted me again a few months later with the 'perfect role' informing him where I was contracting

Comment

Working...
                      X