• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'IPSE Friendly' contract failed by QDOS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UglyBetty View Post
    Was there a definitive answer on this? Did the agency make it up?
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Still ongoing I'm afraid
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    There isn't a definitive answer yet - without seeing the entire contract, no-one at IPSE can confirm or deny whether the contract presented by the agent to the OP matches the one reviewed by IPSE and passed.
    Just asking - any update to report?

Comment

Interesting thread, shame there is no conclusion.

Anway in regards to below

At the very least, I'd like something like "which shall not be reasonably withheld" at the end of 1.4 - they have to approve (which is their right) but can't just say "we don't like her" as a reason to reject the substitute.
      I have a contract which is not unfettered right to substitution but has the "which shall not be unreasonably withheld" in the clause - QDOS still consider it a Fail.
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        I have a contract which is not unfettered right to substitution but has the "which shall not be unreasonably withheld" in the clause - QDOS still consider it a Fail.
        If the client has to vet each individual worker on-site for criminal record, security and/or financial record regardless of the type of worker, then you cannot have an unfettered right to substitution.

Some of my contracts with the clause in somewhere else mention vetting of my company's workers while others don't. If yours does point this out to QDOS as this is part of what that terminology covers.

(And yes my contracts are reviewed.)
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          If the client has to vet each individual worker on-site for criminal record, security and/or financial record regardless of the type of worker, then you cannot have an unfettered right to substitution.

Some of my contracts with the clause in somewhere else mention vetting of my company's workers while others don't. If yours does point this out to QDOS as this is part of what that terminology covers.

(And yes my contracts are reviewed.)
          I have a generic contract for public body, no mention of such checks besides they are not relevant for the role I am doing. Besides, doing those checks doesn't take away the right to substitution it just gives the client a reason to refuse a particular candidate?

Comment

I have a generic contract for public body, no mention of such checks besides they are not relevant for the role I am doing. Besides, doing those checks doesn't take away the right to substitution it just gives the client a reason to refuse a particular candidate?
            I answered you again in another thread giving you this and another hypothetical reason. (I have thought of another different one.)

You do have the RoS but it is not unfettered because there are circumstances when the person you bring in shouldn't be there.

This is my next made up example. The client can't say you can't bring in X because she is German, but they can say they can't have her on-site because they found out she gave birth 5 days ago. (H&S legislation means she has to have 2 weeks of in an office based job.)
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Interesting thread, shame there is no conclusion.
              Indeed

I'd ask Qdos to suggest appropriate wording in that case - that's what you pay them for.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I'd ask Qdos to suggest appropriate wording in that case - that's what you pay them for.
                All the point of a separate thread ... QDOS did and agency won't so relying on finding out what working practises will uncover.

Comment

Working...
                X