• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'll take two!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take two!

City
    £175.00 - £200.00 per annum
    Contract
    Hays Finance Technology
    Billy Bilton
    Ref: CWJobs/2488434/62734695
    Print
    Open in a new tab
    Email similar jobs
    Save job
    Apply
    EXPERT JAVA DEVELOPER.
    Senior Java Developer.
    Contract Position.
    Soho, London.
    £200 Per Day.

URGENT - An experienced Java developer is needed for a large scale back-end project within a central London based high profile client. They are an outstanding computer gaming company who are at the top of their industry and looking to appoint the right candidate within the next 2 weeks.

This company are looking for an expert Java developer to temporarily join their Java team to create a gaming application. Candidates will need to be experts in Java and all back end components and also have experience in design and developing of gaming and mobile applications.

They are specifically looking for a candidate who has more than 3 years experience in back-end core Java programming and extensive knowledge in these back-end components:- Java-Spring-HTML5-C++-JavaScript-Jquery-MySQL-JSON-REST.

Candidates who have experience in creating applications where 1 Million + users are present daily will stand out to this client and also, candidates who have previously made web, mobile and gaming applications.

Must also have low self-esteem or no concept of the value of their skills?

Comment

And that's why I don't use recruitment twunts, new direct role sorted via a referral from my network again, happy days :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        And that's why I don't use recruitment twunts, new direct role sorted via a referral from my network again, happy days :-)
        Been thinking about this recently. I had an agent contact me about a role (350) pretty low rate for what they wanted. So I told them my min and never heard from them again. During the conversation, it turns out they are third tier.

So with all the layers of money grabbing bacteria between us and the client doing next to nothing for their money and siphoning off their cut, is it any wonder rates have stagnated/dropped between 2000 and now? Add in the IR35 'deterrent' and the 'safe haven' of umbrellas and it is even worse. I often wonder how many of the umbrella users would actually be outside IR35 if only they could be bothered or had the cojones to find out?

The major point being that first tier agents have hived off their cv sifter business process to agents lower in the food chain and in turn, some of those are doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          Been thinking about this recently. I had an agent contact me about a role (350) pretty low rate for what they wanted. So I told them my min and never heard from them again. During the conversation, it turns out they are third tier.

So with all the layers of money grabbing bacteria between us and the client doing next to nothing for their money and siphoning off their cut, is it any wonder rates have stagnated/dropped between 2000 and now? Add in the IR35 'deterrent' and the 'safe haven' of umbrellas and it is even worse. I often wonder how many of the umbrella users would actually be outside IR35 if only they could be bothered or had the cojones to find out?

The major point being that first tier agents have hived off their cv sifter business process to agents lower in the food chain and in turn, some of those are doing the same.
          Indeed if every 'middle man' is taking a cut it leaves the poor s0d doing the work eff all. For me its not just the rate that's the issue its the time wasted on applying for phantom roles and not hearing back regarding interviews etc. I applied for 2 roles via Jobserve initially that fitted me like a glove, heard nothing back. While the direct role I've lined up now was done and dusted in less than 24 hours.

Comment

It's not just the agencies fault, they exists because there is demand for their services and their is a demand because the HRs of the client are so effing lazy they outsource what's probably one of their most important roles. In one ClientCo they even decided to stop bothering with multiple preferred suppliers as it was too much hassle and go with single one, according to the memo this move was supposed to increase the quality of the candidates...

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              It's not just the agencies fault, they exists because there is demand for their services and their is a demand because the HRs of the client are so effing lazy they outsource what's probably one of their most important roles. In one ClientCo they even decided to stop bothering with multiple preferred suppliers as it was too much hassle and go with single one, according to the memo this move was supposed to increase the quality of the candidates...
              Demand for services yes fair enough but the way they deliver them is shocking. They exist purely due to collective uselessness of corporate HR.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                Wasn't that what I said, now you have first, second, third and more tier suppliers. Chances are the client thinks there's only one lol.

They are not dubbed Human Remains for nothing, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  Demand for services yes fair enough but the way they deliver them is shocking. They exist purely due to collective uselessness of corporate HR.
                  To be fair, there is a lot of risk aversion to blame there too - mostly fear of tax liability transfer, fuelled mercilessly by ATSCO and REC and their own legal teams.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                    To be fair, there is a lot of risk aversion to blame there too - mostly fear of tax liability transfer, fuelled mercilessly by ATSCO and REC and their own legal teams.
                    True

Comment

Working...
                    X