• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this a reasonable clause in a contract and would you accept it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing is good

Aside from the IR35 implications, being called back to deal with stuff is good for smoothing out cashflow.

No rational client wants an seriously unhappy contractor messing with source code or important system configs, so it is better for all that this is done in a friendly way. (yes I know not all clients are rational).

A bit of bug fixing can often be turned into maintenance contracts, you coming in every few months to kick or patch something, this increases your protection against IR35 since you're clearly doing work for multiple clients.

When I quit my last job as a CIO I left the contractors doing kicking and patching on a N days per year basis. That was in 2005, they've each had about a year's work that they slotted into gaps and it is the gaps between contracts that decide whether contracting is better or worse paid than permiehood.
    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable1 View Post
      6.3 Defective work by the Company, its directors, employees, Consultant(s) or substitute(s) will be corrected by the Company at its own cost and in its own time as required or as specified by the Agency or the Client.
      6.3 needs a time limitation clause, eg "6.3 Defective...Client, provided that The Client notifies the Company withing a period of 1 month after delivery of the software or services"

Boo

Comment

Working...
      X