• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nomura London - What's it like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nomura London - What's it like?

Anybody working there? Or recently worked there?
    Looking at a 6 month contract, just wondering what the place is lik, atmosphere, working environment, facilities etc?
    Any info appreciated
    Thks

My friend's wife worked there and they still made her pour the drinks etc when they went out! I'm not sure what her role is, so she may have been in a role which required her to take traditional Japanese clients out, but even so it was a rather strict environment I gather.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdick View Post
      Looking at a 6 month contract, just wondering what the place is lik, atmosphere, working environment, facilities etc?
      Any info appreciated
      Thks
      There is only one way to find out.

If it is good, you continue. If it is jacktulip, you walk with some experience and wisdom.

Comment

Any info appreciated
        Thks

I know two people who currently work there and they seem to be very complimentary about the working enviroment.

A lot of it depends on your eventual manager but there is a good deal of internal mobility there and some contractors stay on for a good few years

Comment

Any info appreciated
          Thks
          Like most investment banks I would imagine - varies depending on team/department.

I just turned down a decent contract offer there but none of the above were a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
            Like most investment banks I would imagine - varies depending on team/department.
            This is very true

A lof depends on the team you are in and crucailly the manager who oversees it rather then the bank itself.

If the manager is ambitious and results driven then you will see the team generally behave like that and a lot can be acomplished

Comment

I did some work for Nomura - didn't enjoy it at all, but the end client chap was a dick. In general, I think they're probably quite a good client. Nice building, great facilities.

Comment

i go most weeks i am in london, love their warm onion salad

Numera Resturant
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                X