• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I put my masters degree in Music on my CV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robwg
    I always thought the substitution clause was basically an IR35 dodging gimmick - and that is most definitely not how I have experienced job interviews etc.
    I don't rock the boat during the interview. I make my position clear during the contract negotiation phase either direct to the client, or via the agency if there is one.

And yes, it might be a gimmick in reality, but you've got to make sure that the HR department are on your wavelength, or when Hector asks to speak to them you'll get a shock. Much like that guy up in Scotland (something to do with the oil industry I think) can attest to since that was one of the main reasons he lost his IR35 case if I recall correctly.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
    X