• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Direct after Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Hope you didn't put that on LinkedIn 😃
    Yes I did actually! It says "if only this company had hired me they would still be in business".

But I don't name clients that I've actually done work for, either on LinkedIn or CV.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      Are you prepared to chase payments etc now you haven't got at agency to provide regular cash flow?
      As if this is a given.

I've worked direct for clients, monthly invoicing, paid within 7 days of invoice - which was exactly the same terms as contractors going through an agency got - or some may have received payment 14 days post invoice (to their agent).

Yes, you may be taking on extra risk and trouble, but to post as if this is always the case is a little misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
        As if this is a given.

I've worked direct for clients, monthly invoicing, paid within 7 days of invoice - which was exactly the same terms as contractors going through an agency got - or some may have received payment 14 days post invoice (to their agent).

Yes, you may be taking on extra risk and trouble, but to post as if this is always the case is a little misleading.
        Last direct contract I had came with weekly invoicing and 4 week payment terms. There was only a single time when the money wasn't in my account within the same working week! I also got to know all of the accounts people by name - it was far more pleasant to get a call on a Thursday saying "Hi VWDan, it's Sue from the office - can you confirm what this piece of consultancy relates to, I don't see it on your timesheet? Oh, I see what you've done, yes, I'll get this processed for you tomorrow" than to chase around an agency.

My current agency can't even be arsed to confirm receipt of invoice, let alone check it. So if you **** it up the first you know is when the cash doesn't arrive.

I'm all up for being risk adverse and sensible, but there are may too many posters on this forum who believe their only little status quo is the only way to work.
        Last edited by vwdan; 20 March 2015, 13:28.

Comment

Yes, this isnt your problem as the contract is between the agency and company.

There will be no come backs on you, however that said you may want to put in a call to the agency and perhaps ask them for an update on the position to see if both the stories match up. Not sure if the recruiter will be honest but they should say if they are no longer working for the company.

Comment

Working...
          X