• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hitting a brick wall...how do I break through this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you split your permie CV up into descrete projects to make it look more contractory at first glance?

Comment

Originally posted by connore View Post
      Hello,
      Thanks for the fantastic replies, there's some really good advice in there. Thanks for taking the time.

I am Prince2 but I'm finding that the competition has that, and a lot more time served in contracting to get them across the line.

The CV is nearly always described as being strong, and I do get the call backs, but as a lot of agencies search for candidates on key words alone - that doesn't necessarily mean a good gig match.

I do think that the ' service' on offer has to be refined, it's PMO or PM; by marketing myself as some kind of hybrid I'm going to be overlooked every time.

I am starting to rethink my direction, and that's throwing up some exciting options away from corporate life. Maybe this is the type of break I really needed. We'll see.

Thank you very much again.
      How many years of experience do you have and does your CV read in a project-oriented way? Sounds like your issue might be your indecisive CV and you're possibly being shadowed out by more experienced contract PMs. Also consider that there is an initiative to move the PMO and the portfolio level investments towards Agile (e.g. SAFe), so if you have any of that kind of experience it may help you.

Comment

Working...
      X