• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client requests weekend work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
    I don't think anyone's suggesting that at all. Travel arrangements should always be agreed with your client in advance to allow you to plan accordingly. If a client suddenly decides the same day that they need you somewhere else, and you've used public transport then I would fully expect to charge them the cost of bus/train/taxi to get you from A to B and back again. I'd also have something to say about their lack of forward planning...

Assuming however that you've had advance notice of the travel requirement then it's up to you to make that as cost-effective as you can, but bill them for the travel if it's not to the main client site defined in your contract. If it becomes a regular thing then you may need to decide - as a business - whether it's cost-effective to purchase season tickets or not. I'd consider switching to a shorter-term option, maybe a weekly ticket and trust that you'll get enough notice that you can buy the most appropriate ticket given your personal requirements.
    +1 ... saves me having to reply to a question earlier

Comment

Working...
    X