• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IP Telephony Pre-Sales Consultant Dubai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Telephony Pre-Sales Consultant Dubai

Does anybody want to go to Dubai doing IP Telephony/VoIP pre-sales?

Rates & Perks?

Comment

Dubai

It's a permie position with usual expat package. Don't know the numbers. Contract market is still small in UAE. If you're new to the area it's best to be perm and get looked after anyway. It's a big-name multi-national looking for senior pre-sales people for IP Telephony and VoIP. Note: People who contract in Europe often prefer a perm position in the middle east because the package saves you a lot of hassle.

Comment

Re: Dubai

Just make sure you don't get and use a company credit card ok...

www.theinquirer.net/?article=23759

Comment

Re: Dubai

Bob, what's the package?

Comment

IPT/VoIP Pre-sales

I'm told the base is around 120k US and it comes with the usual ex-pat package which will be accommodation, car, medical etc. It's quite a senior position with a top company so it's going to be a good one. The base may appear low but that's the going rate down there. And if you're inside a big multi-national it's ok. The consultant has to be in that role now so that they can hit the ground running and must be technically excellent, not a sales guy with the buzz-words. I'm going back on Monday so I can find out more. 8)

Comment

Re: Credit cards

It's like any boom-town - all the dodgy characters turn up. Ok, ok nobody say 'Exactly Bob' :\
              I've binned all four Amex cards because they were bastards to me when I was off sick. The only problem I've got is getting arrested for all the pills in my bag. A woman ended up in jail in Dubai just for carrying codeine!

Comment

Working...
              X