• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sensitive data for password generation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensitive data for password generation

Agent is asking for NI and DOB by e-mail which they claim is used for password generation. Not sure which password. Its a public sector role. Anyone experienced this?

Probably for a unique identifier rather than a password and yes I have come across this before with Capita and the supply chain agencies they often use.

Comment

They certainly do ask for this information for government roles, although I believe you only need to provide the month and year when it comes to the DOB.

I was under the impression that it prevents duplicate submissions.

Comment

Thanks. Is it also usual in public sector roles for the contractual relationships to be something along the lines of Client Co (govt dept) - Cxpita - Agency - My Ltd?

Comment

Yep, that's the way it's been going recently. Occasionally, in exceptional circumstances, you may not have to go through Capita, but that depends on the role.

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
            Thanks. Is it also usual in public sector roles for the contractual relationships to be something along the lines of Client Co (govt dept) - Cxpita - Agency - My Ltd?
            Not unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
              Agent is asking for NI and DOB by e-mail which they claim is used for password generation. Not sure which password. Its a public sector role. Anyone experienced this?
              You don't have to give anyone your real date of birth if it's not to verify your ID i.e. to prove who you say you are. However whatever date of birth you give make sure you remember it.

Likewise when firms ask for your mother's maiden name or other random information, unless it's to verify your ID, you can make it up.

I've had internet providers ask for mother's maiden name as a "security" question. Clearly they just want a name that I can give them all the time as there is no way of proving it's my mother's maiden name.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X