• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in the UK under Irish company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in the UK under Irish company

Hi,
    I'm currently a contractor in Ireland and registered as a limited company and for PAYE and VAT.
    I will be moving to the UK over the coming months and want to know what will be necessary for me to trade there. The company has commitments, including tax and repayments on a jeep so I can't wind it up just yet.
    Can I simply trade as an Irish company in the UK or do I need to register a new company? If I need to create a UK company, can this be a subsiderary of my Irish company and can I wash the money back into my Irish company?
    I'd really appreciate any info on this and any other help/tips...

Thanks,
    Phill

I laugh when I see recruiters saying "prefer Irish nationals" in their ads...
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Of course you are...

Got to be Irish to ask such a question. Are you planning to charge VAT at the UK or Ireland rate ? It's got to be via a UK reg co (as is the case the other way round too, if anyone is interested in working over there). Why would you want this to be a subsidiary (that's the correct word) and why you'd want to 'wash the money' (sound like a drug dealer) is another matter.

Comment

Go and talk to Simon or Darren, or your own accountant, who should have the answers. They can give you expert advice.

Comment

Working...
        X