• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the best time to start?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ujjain View Post
    Hey! I'm still here. I realize I've asked some poor questions (e.g. where to live), but reading your answers and articles on this site has been very useful for me.

I have a 2 week holiday upcoming this month and when I'll return I'll apply to contracting positions to get a feel for the current contracting market.
    Unless the holiday is enforced it's better to use the days to help you jump ship quicker.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I've been looking for a few months and have found it tough. I've been getting calls, a few interviews but think agents are preferring to go with cheaper options. Doesn't help I haven't nailed interviews, but I'm learning from them

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Unless the holiday is enforced it's better to use the days to help you jump ship quicker.
        How can I do this without being an asshole? I have no more holidays this year, but I have a fresh 25 for next year.

Comment

How can I do this without being an asshole? I have no more holidays this year, but I have a fresh 25 for next year.
          It helps if you read and understand what I wrote before commenting.

"enforced" = caused by necessity, compulsory.

If you can't carry holidays over then taking them is compulsory.

Also you don't have 25 days next year. You have just over 2 per month. So if you leave in January they only owe you 2 days holiday, etc.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Best day to start is always the next day of the last day.

Comment

This link might help you find the best time to start.

Muhurtham - Auspicious date & time calculator | Muhurat finder

HTH

Comment

I think you will find they are pro-rata across the year if you hand your notice in that year.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X