• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract of the Week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract of the Week

Received an email for this contract earlier. Obviously my CV doesn't mention Helpdesk or Windows Support so I must be a good fit

Please forgive if this email is not of interest to you. However, i am urgently looking for 2nd Line Support Engineer based in Dublin.

2nd Line Support Engineer, 12 Month Contract, €100/day, Sandford, Dublin.

Windows Server and Desktop, Active Directory, VMWare, Citrix, Exchange, Networking, Troubleshooting and ITIL…

My client, an enterprise IT service provider based in Sandford is looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join their company. They are looking for a candidate that has a good attitude, a good performance ethic and works well in a team as well as independently.

At least 2 years level 2 Support in Helpdesk.
    Strong knowledge in Windows Server 2003 and 2008/Windows Desktop 7 and XP.
    Tools: Active Directory, Citrix, VMware, Exchange, Call Management software.
    Experience in PC, Laptop, Printer, Fax, Scanner, Tablet and Mobile devices.
    Networking: TCP/IP, Network Hardware, configuration & support.
    Building, configuring and troubleshooting all desktop & mobile devices.
    Previous experience with SLAS and ITIL best practice and process.
    If this role is of interest to you please send me a copy of your updated CV.

I get phone calls about roles in Dublin quite a bit. They're all for tulip rates and worse again for being in Euros. One had no expenses paid, and asked if I could go over there from UK for a first interview. After politely declining their offer they seemed awfully disappointed.
    Last edited by CheeseSlice; 21 November 2014, 16:07.

Comment

Now they've advertised and got no takers they can ship five Indians in

Comment

Working...
      X