• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disclosure Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disclosure Scotland

About 10 years ago I was placed in a cell for basically getting into a cab without money. Long story short I only realised I had no wallet towards the end of the journey, cabbie had obviously had a bad night and drove me to local cop shop. Finger prints taken, DNA swab, few hours later flat-mate arrives with my wallet. Money left for cabbie and I was released.

Never heard anything else about it, no letters / court appearances etc.

I have been asked to perform a disclosure Scotland basic (the £25 quid one), I am no legal expert but I think I was arrested but released without charge. First of all does that seem correct, secondly is that likely to come up on the check?

Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
    About 10 years ago I was placed in a cell for basically getting into a cab without money. Long story short I only realised I had no wallet towards the end of the journey, cabbie had obviously had a bad night and drove me to local cop shop. Finger prints taken, DNA swab, few hours later flat-mate arrives with my wallet. Money left for cabbie and I was released.

Never heard anything else about it, no letters / court appearances etc.

I have been asked to perform a disclosure Scotland basic (the £25 quid one), I am no legal expert but I think I was arrested but released without charge. First of all does that seem correct, secondly is that likely to come up on the check?
    Depends on what check you are having done. Full disclosure will have everything, include spent convictions, arrest record etc. If you are just getting the standard checks done then no, it won't show up. You were never convicted of anything and even if you were it would be spent by now.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Since the issue never went to court I imagine that the only thing that may appear on your record would be a Police Caution. if the cabbie accepted the payment and chose not to proceed then you likely would not have received a caution. In any case you would normally have received a letter to outline that and you indicate that you didn't get anything.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The only other point is that my last Disclosure Scotland check took nearly 5 months to come through.

Comment

Working...
      X