• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tip gleaned from my recent job hunting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip gleaned from my recent job hunting

Been searching for next role seriously for about 2 weeks now. 2 interviews down (waiting for feedback on one and 2nd interview tabled for next week) and another interview for next week for another role so fingers crossed I will score something.

Anyway for two of those interviews I saw the job description on JobSwerve and it was roughly a 50% fit. I submitted anyway but when the agent spoke to me I asked about the possibility of having precall will the hiring manager to see if I was a good fit.

On BOTH occasions the Agent view on the role wildy differed from what the company wanted and I happened to be a good fit for both. I also think because I had the pre-call I already had a rapport with the Hiring manager so I was at a little advantage.

Just a tactic that might help someone I guess.
    Last edited by Tasslehoff; 6 November 2014, 08:53.

Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
    Been searching for next role seriously for about 2 weeks now. 2 interviews down (waiting for feedback on one and 2nd interview tabled for next week) and another interview for next week for another role so fingers crossed I will score something.

Anyway for two of those interviews I saw the job description on JobSwerve and it was roughly a 50% fit. I submitted anyway but when the agent spoke to me I asked about the possibility of having precall will the hiring manager to see if I was a good fit.

On BOTH occasions the Agent view on the role wildy differed from what the company wanted and I happened to be a good fit for both. I also think because I had the pre-call I already had a “rapport” with the Hiring manager so I was at a little advance.

Just a tactic that might help someone I guess.
    The difference between a role and its description by both Human Remains and the agent is often astounding. I guess this is what happens when an organisation allows the professionals to add value

Comment

Working...
    X