• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get out quick!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get out quick!

Ok started a new contract which to be honest I hate, I am not doing the job I though I would be doing. After speaking to my line manager it seems things are not going to imrpove

As I see it I have 3 options:
    1) Get out now in the fist month as I am only on a weeks notice - only this is a slow period fro contractors and I can't afford to be out of work for very long.
    2) Do 3 months and then hand in my notice with hopefully a bette rchance of getting a new contract.
    3) Or work the full 6 months and hate every day!

How do other employers see someone who has only lasted in a contract for a short period of time?

Has anyone else been through this experience?

Had a couple of 'aborted' contracts and you just don't put them on your CV.

Comment

It's always easier to find a contract when you've already got one. Keep looking, you're only on a weeks notice anyhow.

Comment

I hate my contract too!! join the club. But I need to pay my bills somehow..and this will tide me over until something good comes along.

Comment

Here too - don't particularly want to do what I'm doing, but I need the money.

It's only a 4 week contract though.

Happened my last contract as well, but I decided to stay put and earn whilst seriously looking for something else. Was a 7 month contract which luckily for me was terminated early as they ran out of money.

Nicola

Comment

Grit your teeth & wait for something better to come along, then walk.

Comment

If the rate is high enough then find a substitute to do the work and you still take a cut.

What is the skillset and how much would the rate to a substitute be?

Comment

Working...
              X