• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indemnity Insurance - Level Required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indemnity Insurance - Level Required

I have to renew my indemnity insurance and the contract states that I have to hold an amount that is reasonable.

It provides no specific number on the amount of PI required. Is one million the minimum and sufficent? It looks like QDOS is favoured and competitive. I have used them in the past with no issue

Originally posted by Jack Kada View Post
    I have to renew my indemnity insurance and the contract states that I have to hold an amount that is reasonable.

It provides no specific number on the amount of PI required. Is one million the minimum and sufficent? It looks like QDOS is favoured and competitive. I have used them in the past with no issue
    Most contracts state an amount. Ask your pimp but £1M is common.

Comment

Just recently had to upgrade mine to £1m for both PI and PL to get the current role.

Comment

Originally posted by 7specialgems View Post
        Most contracts state an amount. Ask your pimp but £1M is common.
        Sorry what do you mean by pimp?

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
          Just recently had to upgrade mine to £1m for both PI and PL to get the current role.
          Thanks - Seems to be a reasonable round number. Quite suprising how 1MM cover can only cost £300.

Comment

Thanks - Seems to be a reasonable round number. Quite suprising how 1MM cover can only cost £300.
            For those interested QDOS was a piece of cake to apply for.

Comment

For those interested QDOS was a piece of cake to apply for.
              You'll probably find that most of the guys on here have their indemnity insurances through QDOS.

Comment

Working...
              X