• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview In Different Sector - Right Move ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd worked in sub prime lending and retail banking before I got my first IB gig. Since then I've worked in IT Security and media before coming back into IB. I'd count yourself lucky that your skillset is sector-agnostic and spread your wings. They don't have men in black zapping your FS knowledge when you change industry.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I think it's good to broaden one's experience if it makes you more marketable.

As a permie/consultant, I worked in everything from automotive to fashion to industrial to leisure to retail to hi-tech and local government. After all that, my first contract was in pharma of all things and a recent interview was my first in financial services. So it is possible to break into new sectors with a bit of luck. I've certainly seen a wide variety of good and bad across those sectors which hopefully my clients can take advantage of.

Comment

It adds more strings to your bow, if the BIS are right and we are heading for Lehmans 2.0, you'll thank your lucky stars you'll have transferable skills.

Comment

Working...
        X