• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investment bank gig delay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investment bank gig delay

I had a face to face interview with an IB in London. The agent says I passed the interview and the IB plan to take me on board. The only issue is, the hire has to be approved by people high up in the company first (first the IT manager, then higher managers). According to the agent, this can take weeks (it's been 2 weeks since my interview).

Is this normal or is the agent bluffing?

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    I had a face to face interview with an IB in London. The agent says I passed the interview and the IB plan to take me on board. The only issue is, the hire has to be approved by people high up in the company first (first the IT manager, then higher managers). According to the agent, this can take weeks (it's been 2 weeks since my interview).

Forget it, move on, bluster.

Comment

Your futures have been traded against a nil-paid-letter... Move on would be my suggestion.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Actually I have found that's quite normal - also if it's a UK IB, don't be surprised if the delay is due to the independence vote - it's putting a lot of things on hold.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          Actually I have found that's quite normal - also if it's a UK IB, don't be surprised if the delay is due to the independence vote - it's putting a lot of things on hold.
          Nail, meet Head!

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            It's UBS. Would I be silly to turn down a lesser gig whilst wait waiting for this one? I'm in a long term gig so not desperate.

Comment

It's UBS. Would I be silly to turn down a lesser gig whilst wait waiting for this one? I'm in a long term gig so not desperate.
              It depends. If the other gig is short term and has a notice period, why not take it?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                It depends. If the other gig is short term and has a notice period, why not take it?
                I'm comfortable in my current gig. Easy life, well paid. It's just the IB and other gig are bigger names and open more doors, especially the IB. To be honest, if I took the other gig, I wouldn't take the IB one so soon after.

Comment

It could take 2 weeks to go through the internal processes being an IB but certainly have your plan Bs lined up just in case.

Comment

hi by any chance was that for database role in UBS ?

Comment

Working...
                    X