• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just a moan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubster
    Say no more...

London office, BTW?
    Seems to have bounced around all of the offices.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
      Regressive...
      tulipty stick alert...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Amending contracts is a recipe for disaster. If I were you, I'd be adding late payment penalties and interest to my invoices in accordance with the legislation (http://www.payontime.co.uk/).

HTH...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
          Amending contracts is a recipe for disaster. If I were you, I'd be adding late payment penalties and interest to my invoices in accordance with the legislation (http://www.payontime.co.uk/).

HTH...

Good point! Thanks for the link. They're bound to FU again so I'll be looking closely at this.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
            Any delay in payment is fundamental breach of contract = walk away

Oh no it's not. Read "Blackstone's Civil Practice 2006"
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              <snigger> tell me then what you would consider a 'major' breach?
              It's not what I consider it to be that's important, it's what the courts consider it that matters.

They consider late payment as a minor breach. Of course the company still owe you the money. Of course you can claim interest, but you most certainly cannot use one incidence of late payment to void the contract, which is the point I was making.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
                It's not what I consider it to be that's important, it's what the courts consider it that matters.

They consider late payment as a minor breach. Of course the company still owe you the money. Of course you can claim interest, but you most certainly cannot use one incidence of late payment to void the contract, which is the point I was making.

tim
                Tim is right, if you could prove they did not intend to make the payment at all then they are in breach, otherwise they are only in default which at most attracts a small fine, obviously compounded defaults would make a breach.

Think of it this way, if you had a mortgage (i.e. providing services in exchange for cash) and the customer did not pay the monthly repayment would you think it okay for the bank to repossess the next day. After all it is a breach of contract!!! No didn't think so, but if the customer continually made no attempt to pay at some point it would be acceptable.

Comment

If you're working for a certain mega-hated group of agencies, you'll have problems with the payroll department. I've threatened to walk twice and subcontract for £0 through another contractor's Limited (as the exclusivity deal is void then!) Worked wonders!!
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                    Oh no it's not. Read "Blackstone's Civil Practice 2006"
                    Can't be arsed... could you please summarise, especially the bits about 'consideration'
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X