• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never thought it will happen to me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I did miss that bit. Even more worrying. So agent turns down the opportunity to make some money and washes his hands of the entire deal?

Not being funny how many people have had this? Agent says dont worry about me, you crack on and go direct and I wont take a cut - its all for free all the work I've done. Never going to happen.

More like agent can see something fishy and knows the client ain't ever gonna pay anyone for this work...
    And true to form client is acting like best mate saying yeh no problem it'll be sorted. Id be wondering what agent knows that I dont. Have they got an mo of doing this sort of thing?
    No. Agent is unlikely to have turned his back. International contracts are complex. Agent tells client to pay him a one-off finders fee ( no on-going contract problems) and leaves you and the client to sort it. Unless you get control now, you WILL lose out.

Comment

Working...
    X