• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

linked-in requests from agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I've done both, I decided to have a go for 6 months and start linking with them. The problem was my linkedin feed was just getting spammed with facebook rubbish, so I started to block thier updates. I also noticed that they don't really check your profile before ringing you up, unless you get a new role then they all call. Seemed pointless and a waste of time, so I removed them all.

Still getting five or so calls a day. It's made no difference at all.

The value in Linkedin is about networking with people you actually know and thier contacts. Linking with unknown Pimps is a complete waste of time.
    I agree.
    If they don't check out your profile before they send the link request, then they're probably sat in a bog cubicle surfing for contacts and couldn't care less about your skills.
    One top tip I heard; update your profile every now and then because some agents with LinkedIn recruiter filter for active LinkedIn people. If you're active on LinkedIn, then it's likely your profile is up to date.
    Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
      One top tip I heard; update your profile every now and then because some agents with LinkedIn recruiter filter for active LinkedIn people. If you're active on LinkedIn, then it's likely your profile is up to date.
      I have a hunch that simply logging on regularly will move you up in the order of search results and the "people you may know" page.

Comment

Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
        I agree.
        If they don't check out your profile before they send the link request, then they're probably sat in a bog cubicle surfing for contacts and couldn't care less about your skills.

Good advice. I used to get more feedback but haven't updated my account for some time.

Comment

Working...
        X