• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Issues with team leader on client site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    What do you mean? You mean make her feel good about her performance? I'm pretty sure she has no inout into any renewal. <snip>
    Do you remember that permie advice about not p*ssing of the receptionist? This is similar.

And you can complement her on anything. I mean she must do something average....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It sounds to me as if you are going a bit native here. Do your job to the best of your ability, make suggestions where appropriate but don't get upset if they aren't taken on board.

Comment

Stay calm and professional - never bite. Blaggers" like this bint always get busted in time.

Never bite ever. Put your invoice in and smile
        one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
          Stay calm and professional - never bite. Blaggers" like this bint always get busted in time.
          She will just get moved on by her consultancy after they have completely screwed up the contract.

Comment

What has bothered me of late is that she has asked the new dev (he's from her consultancy) to be her replacement on days she's not in (holidays / she's off every Friday). I know she asked him and not me because, as I said, he's her 'yes' man and never questions her, goes to lunch with her etc. I know I'm much better at my job but the fact she overlooked me and asked a complete newbie is annoying. I find it hard to answer his questions when she's not in because I know he's not as good as me.

I need to learn to not let that bother me too.
            Last edited by heyya99; 3 August 2014, 20:28.

Comment

I need to learn to not let anything bother me.
              Indeed, stay cool.
              one day at a time

Comment

What has bothered me of late is that she has asked the new dev (he's from her consultancy) to be her replacement on days she's not in (holidays / she's off every Friday). I know she asked him and not me because, as I said, he's her 'yes' man and never questions her, goes to lunch with her etc. I know I'm much better at my job but the fact she overlooked me and asked a complete newbie is annoying. I find it hard to answer his questions when she's not in because I know he's not as good as me.

I need to learn to not let that bother me too.
                See what I bolded? That how it works.

And answer his questions in the way you answer hers. If you seem obstructive you won't get that renewal.

Comment

Working...
                X