• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No confidence in agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manz View Post
    I saw a role that I'm interested in and contacted the agent and we spoke for 10 mins going through it, then he sent me a job spec with the company details etc, then I went on the company site and saw the role on there and it said "NO AGENCIES" and that they don't take applications from agencies. I replied to the agent saying that he can forward my CV on, but should I also apply for it directly from the company site?
    A mistake, he will now try and shoehorn himself in, he will probably be rebuffed. Why not ask him what he is playing at?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      Only today, I had an email with the usual 'I found your cv it's interesting for a role blah, blah xxx rate'

It was quite an interesting role but low rate and in Wales so hotels for me, I emailed back and said I want xxx times 2 and then prepared to forget it. Within an hour agent was on the phone putting me forward. Still don't want to go that far but now the rate is tempting
      Cymru am byth!!!!!

Think of the sheep mun.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
        You can do what you want. Talking to an agent does not make you his wife! HTH
        No, it doesn't help at all really.

Manz is worried that talking to an agent could form a verbal contract for that agent to exclusively represent the contractor to the client.

It is possible that the agent is on a preferred suppliers list and the "NO AGENTS" message means "NO AGENTS other that the ones who we already deal with".

Apply through the agent and if you get nothing after a few days then apply direct....
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
        X