• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorien contract now in 2014

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorien contract now in 2014

Hi All,

I've been offered a contract a a finance house through Lorien.

Ive searched the other threads and can see a few posts about Lorien, although they are dated 2012/2013.

Most of these post are not positive although a couple of people say they've had no issues with Lorien.

Can I ask, if anyone is currently working through them or has recent experience with them?

Asking about things like how frequently they pay, how pushy they are on OPT-OUT etc

thanks in advance

Originally posted by Intention View Post
    Hi All,

I've been offered a contract a a finance house through Lorien.

Ive searched the other threads and can see a few posts about Lorien, although they are dated 2012/2013.

Most of these post are not positive although a couple of people say they've had no issues with Lorien.

Can I ask, if anyone is currently working through them or has recent experience with them?

Asking about things like how frequently they pay, how pushy they are on OPT-OUT etc

thanks in advance
    2013 is not a long time ago. I finished a role with them in April 2013. After the usual 'everyone always opts out' claim their acceptance of not opting out was fine and without fuss, they were amenable to contract changes, had a good self billing agreement, paid on time, every time.

I would have no qualms about contracting with them again.

IIRC much of the complaint was their advance payment costs (BACS & CHAPS). Not relevant to the operation of the contract IMO. If you are so skint that you need an advance, consider an overdraft short term or a credit card to tide you over.
    Last edited by tractor; 4 July 2014, 11:41.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      2013 is not a long time ago. I finished a role with them in April 2013. After the usual 'everyone always opts out' claim their acceptance of not opting out was fine and without fuss, they were amenable to contract changes, had a good self billing agreement, paid on time, every time.

I would have no qualms about contracting with them again.

IIRC much of the complaint was their advance payment costs (BACS & CHAPS). Not relevant to the operation of the contract IMO. If you are so skint that you need an advance, consider an overdraft short term or a credit card to tide you over.
      Thats some really good feedback - cheers

Im not skint but I just dont like chasing to be paid. So if agency says we pay in 2 weeks after invoice, I expect to be paid. If Loiren do a 4 week pay cycle? - thats fine as long as they deliver the wonga at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Intention View Post
        Thats some really good feedback - cheers

Im not skint but I just dont like chasing to be paid. So if agency says we pay in 2 weeks after invoice, I expect to be paid. If Loiren do a 4 week pay cycle? - thats fine as long as they deliver the wonga at the end.
        IIRC it was monthly with payment made after 12 working days from invoice.

Comment

Did a very short project via them in March. I opted out but had no issues getting the contract ammended after a QDOS review. Had weekly invoice with 30 day payment. All on time with no dramas.

Comment

I am with them for current gig, no problems at all, invoice fortnightly and get paid 2 weeks later.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

''

LOL, this thread shows that they can pay any day on any terms so if you are negotiating, go for weekly, next day payment

Comment

Only issue I had was when I turned down an extension, the billing system would not let me enter timesheets (and thereby get paid) until I accepted the extension, total Catch 23 situation and I moaned on here about it at the time.

I was on weekly payments first time, and monthly second stint a year later, I reckon I could have got weekly again, bout I couldn't be arsed with it.

Comment

I currently contracting via them and have done for 9 months... always paid on time.
                  Invoice last Friday of the month and paid 12 working days later

Comment

did they actually ask you how frequently you want to be paid?

Comment

Working...
                    X