• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick US trade deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick US trade deal

“Janet Yellen, Mr Biden’s nominee for Treasury secretary, said the new president had made it clear that the US economy had to be upgraded before more trade barriers were taken down.

“President Biden has been clear that he will not sign any new free trade agreements before the US makes major investments in American workers and our infrastructure,” she added.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Friday said there was no set timeline for completing the deal. The administration’s “primary priorities” were tackling coronavirus and providing economic relief to Americans, she added.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Any trade deal with US needs to protect food labelling rules we have. I bet that'll get swept under the carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Any trade deal with US needs to protect food labelling rules we have. I bet that'll get swept under the carpet.
      US will agree to label all food with QR codes

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Maybe it already has...

The Agriculture Act 2020 - House of Commons Library

Government compromise on post-Brexit food standards

https://publications.parliament.uk/p..._cclm_1103.pdf
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

FFS

Comment

Working...
          X