• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chief executive says ‘uncontrolled’ Brexit risks ‘compounding the coronavirus disaste

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chief executive says ‘uncontrolled’ Brexit risks ‘compounding the coronavirus disaste

“ Bentley is to cut a quarter of its workforce, capping a tumultuous period that has triggered the loss of 5,000 jobs across the UK car industry.

The luxury carmaker, based in Crewe, north-west England, will shed 1,000 of its 4,200 workers as it tries to rein in costs following a two-month closure of its facilities, it announced on Friday.

The blow to the auto manufacturer comes within days of Aston Martin, McLaren and dealer group Lookers shedding more than 3,000 jobs between them.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Another step closer to a no deal brexit

Brexit: UK backtracking on commitments, says Michel Barnier - BBC News

Comment

Bentley Maestro to be released at next year's Potteries Motor Show, home of the ex-Geneva Motor Show.

Features include double Furlough-lever, 3 reverse/1 forward -gears, hand-powered-brakes, lockdown mode, square wheels and a Joe Hicks inspired gym mat. Choice of voices in sextant navigation include Boris, Matt, Priti plus a special Cummings-edition colouring set.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
      X