• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back in London this week. Why is it so dirty FFS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Or maybe part of it is national pride, part of it is that the rail network is not privatised as we would know it, and the higher taxes go towards investing in it.

You get what you vote for.
    part of it is that the rail network is not privatised as we would know it
    according to my rail worker cousin, there is more traffic on the Southern network, than the whole of Switzerland. Perhaps that is also part of the reason as there is considerably less to subsidise.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      I take it you have never been to Amsterdam. Dog sh!t everywhere, marijuana smell everywhere and Brits on stag and hen do-s everywhere
      You'll note he said 'few' not 'no'. And the smell of pot isn't "dirt".

British towns are generally quite dirty or can be. So I don't think we can blame immigrants, it must be our own fault
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Or maybe part of it is national pride, part of it is that the rail network is not privatised as we would know it, and the higher taxes go towards investing in it.

You get what you vote for.
        That's it, by Jove, we've solved it!

Except...

Hang on a sec...

Oh yeah. SNCF is also state-owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
          That's it, by Jove, we've solved it!

Except...

Hang on a sec...

Oh yeah. SNCF is also state-owned.
          yes, and presumably were responsible for that stretch of line at the Swiss border that I described.

Comment

Working...
          X