• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not due to Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not due to Brexit

Toyota to halt production at UK factory day after Brexit

Toyota to halt production at UK factory day after Brexit - CityAM : CityAM

The car maker has said its work at the Burnaston plant in Derbyshire will stop on Friday 1 November and resume the following week.

A Toyota spokesman said: “We will have a production pause on the first day of Brexit, which is Friday 1st, and… then we will restart production on the Monday and the Tuesday.
    So they want Friday off. I guess if you can grab a freebie Friday and blame Brexit, why not? I would. Not much of a headline though, really...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Toyota to halt production at UK factory day after Brexit

Toyota to halt production at UK factory day after Brexit - CityAM : CityAM
      I am doing exactly the same thing. Several months ago I decided that I wold call a halt to production on the close of business on the 31st October, take Friday 1st November off (production stop for 1 day) and restart on the 4th November. All do to the end on one contract and the start of the next and got nothing to do with Brexit.

Comment

Working...
      X