• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Down with the undemocratic EU, up with British parliamentary sovereignty!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down with the undemocratic EU, up with British parliamentary sovereignty!

Thus spake some cretins, hoodwinked by hedge fund owners, disaster capitalists and oligarch press barons.

Great entertainment though.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Thus spake some cretins, hoodwinked by hedge fund owners, disaster capitalists and oligarch press barons.

Great entertainment though.
    One can't make allowance for the cretinous nature of the populace, but one can profit from said cretinism.
    I think Brexit, especially if it's a no deal, will bring many opportunities - for the well-off, highly educated and intelligent, dual nationals, anyone who has options.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I think Brexit, especially if it's a no deal, will bring many opportunities - for the well-off, highly educated and intelligent, dual nationals, anyone who has options.
      So that rules you out then?

Comment

A small reminder of some of the quotes from current Cabinet ministers regarding No Deal and proroguing parliament:

- Javid: ‘You don’t deliver democracy by trashing democracy. We aren't selecting a dictator,’

- Gove: ‘I will defend democracy. You can't take Britain out of EU against will of Parliament.'

- Hancock: ‘“no-deal will not happen whether people want it or not… Proroguing Parliament undermines parliamentary democracy and risks a general election. I rule it out and call on all candidates to do the same”

- Matt Hancock again: “A policy on Brexit to prorogue Parliament would mean the end of the Conservative Party as a serious party of government.”

- Amber Rudd: “I think it’s outrageous to consider proroguing Parliament. We are not Stuart kings.”

- Nicky Morgan: “Proroguing Parliament is clearly a mad suggestion. You cannot say you are going to take back control … and then go: ‘Oh, by the way, we are just going to shut Parliament down for a couple of months, so we are just going to drift out on a no deal’.”
        Spinelessness on a scale I have never witnessed.

They should be ashamed to say they represent their country. They represent themselves first and their party next and should be barred from holding high office ever again.

An absolute disgrace.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          A small reminder of some of the quotes from current Cabinet ministers regarding No Deal and proroguing parliament:

- Javid: ‘You don’t deliver democracy by trashing democracy. We aren't selecting a dictator,’

- Gove: ‘I will defend democracy. You can't take Britain out of EU against will of Parliament.'

- Hancock: ‘“no-deal will not happen whether people want it or not… Proroguing Parliament undermines parliamentary democracy and risks a general election. I rule it out and call on all candidates to do the same”

- Matt Hancock again: “A policy on Brexit to prorogue Parliament would mean the end of the Conservative Party as a serious party of government.”

- Amber Rudd: “I think it’s outrageous to consider proroguing Parliament. We are not Stuart kings.”

- Nicky Morgan: “Proroguing Parliament is clearly a mad suggestion. You cannot say you are going to take back control … and then go: ‘Oh, by the way, we are just going to shut Parliament down for a couple of months, so we are just going to drift out on a no deal’.”
          Spinelessness on a scale I have never witnessed.

They should be ashamed to say they represent their country. They represent themselves first and their party next and should be barred from holding high office ever again.

An absolute disgrace.
          The careerists are falling in behind the autocrat.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            So that rules you out then?

I happen to fall in all 3 categories
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I happen to fail in all 3 categories
              Your spell check is fubar!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
              X