• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parliament to be prorogated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    What you're saying then is all those Tory MPs who voted against May's deal (who was their leader), to leave on 31st March, should be sacked as traitors to their party?

FFS, there are some idiots on here
    Explain to me why it should be limited to just Tory MPS. What percentage of MPs voted to enact A50?

Also iirc there was no Tory or labour whip on Mays deal. Therefore each MP should have voted in line with their constituency wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I hope you don't mean a manifesto pledge, which is a manifesto for if in government.
      Which and how many MPs voted to enact A50 and commit the UK to leaving (in law) on March 31st, now Oct 31st. Honour and integrity

Comment

Originally posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
        Explain to me why it should be limited to just Tory MPS. What percentage of MPs voted to enact A50?

Also iirc there was no Tory or labour whip on Mays deal. Therefore each MP should have voted in line with their constituency wishes.
        Again, to feck up your logic, JRM is in a remain area so he technically should be voting to remain. Then there is Bojo; whilst his constituency voted out in 2016, recent polls show that they are now predominantly remain, so should Bojo now vote in line with his constituents and support Remain?

You see how your simplistic logic is so flawed?

Next
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Which and how many MPs voted to enact A50 and commit the UK to leaving (in law) on March 31st, now Oct 31st. Honour and integrity
          They voted to enact A50 as they were sold the lie that we would get a good deal, an easy to negotiate deal, and we held all the cards. They now understand these were lies and are, as is their job, holding the government to account.

Unlike the likes of you, it would seem, they are willing to reconsider their previously held view in the light of new evidence

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Well done. Although slow on the uptake as usual, you got there in the end!
            I didn't notice you putting that theory forward at any point. You only crawled back out from your cave two days ago. Or are you out on supervised day release?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Surely you don't believe that one parliamentary decision binds future decisions? As circumstances change, parliament acts.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Surely you don't believe that one parliamentary decision binds future decisions? As circumstances change, parliament acts.
                Yorkie, sorry, I mean TheDB's, will believe anything the Daily Wail tells him

Comment

Hurrah for the Blackshirts!

Comment

You are clearly under the mistaken view that I read a newspaper of any kind. Show me a journalist that doesn't twist the truth to fit with their own view point. Just like every poster on here really.

I make my own mind up from a variety of sources, consider all points of view and then decide rather than rigidly stick to any singular point of view. You are right things do change unfortunately I have yet to see any credible factual evidence to support any alternative view to the one I currently hold. All the evidence presented so far has been heresay and based on opinions that fit the author's particular argument. No facts based argument at all. No surprising really because no one actually knows and therefore no one can present with any certainty what the outcome will be.

Basically you, and your closed narrow minded opinions, are irrelevant.

Comment

You are clearly under the mistaken view that I read a newspaper of any kind. Show me a journalist that doesn't twist the truth to fit with their own view point. Just like every poster on here really.

I make my own mind up from a variety of sources, consider all points of view and then decide rather than rigidly stick to any singular point of view. You are right things do change unfortunately I have yet to see any credible factual evidence to support any alternative view to the one I currently hold. All the evidence presented so far has been heresay and based on opinions that fit the author's particular argument. No facts based argument at all. No surprising really because no one actually knows and therefore no one can present with any certainty what the outcome will be.

Basically you, and your closed narrow minded opinions, are irrelevant.
                      Fanatics say the same about their religion of choice

Comment

Working...
                      X