• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK must accept US food standards in trade deal, says a nobody

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I’m surprised Dull John hasn’t turned up to deflect the thread away from poor food production methods in the US
    post #18

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      Apologies... I made you a draw, so I'm sure you will get it now!!!

Nope, still confused. Although it seems if we stay in the EU, wee krankie Sturgeon will get her arse slapped. And something to do with apples, and disabled people on see-saws.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Nope, still confused. Although it seems if we stay in the EU, wee krankie Sturgeon will get her arse slapped. And something to do with apples, and disabled people on see-saws.
        Yep, I wasn't expecting you to understand it even with a draw...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
        "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
          Yep, I wasn't expecting you to understand it even with a draw...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
          No, I'll admit, complete gibberish is somewhat of a struggle.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Rather be poorly informed than a bold faced liar so suit my agenda. What is it with populists and lying?

This is where the UK gets its poultry from. Is it big enough enough for you?

source: chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://pork.ahdb.org.uk/media/275384/poultry-pocketbook-2018.pdf

I'm afraid the the poultry we get from Thailand and Brasil comes through the Netherlands. Please do more research.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              I'm afraid the the poultry we get from Thailand and Brasil comes through the Netherlands. Please do more research.
              Presumably shipped in, then transferred to road vehicles to get to the U.K.?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Them chickens are more well travelled than Quitlings. Why not leave out the fact this only makes up for less than 1% of all imported poultry.

We're not interested in niches to suit your agenda, whatever that is.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Them chickens are more well travelled than Quitlings. Why not leave out the fact this only makes up for less than 1% of all imported poultry.

We're not interested in niches to suit your agenda, whatever that is.
                  As it happens, we're no more interested in niches that suit your agenda either. And a threesome with krankie Sturgeon doesn't count as an agenda, you need to file that one under "very sick fantasy".

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    As it happens, we're no more interested in niches that suit your agenda either. And a threesome with krankie Sturgeon doesn't count as an agenda, you need to file that one under "very sick fantasy".
                    You're the one who mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      Presumably shipped in, then transferred to road vehicles to get to the U.K.?
                      I have no idea. Scoots was asserting that it'd be mad to import chicken from such a faraway place as the US, and I was saying that a huge amount of the EU's (including the UK's) chicken already comes from Brasil and Thailand, i.e. faraway. This was the entirety of the point I was trying to make. EDIT: Apparently very poorly.

I was wrong to suggest that food standards in Brasil and Thailand are worse than the US or Europe, as has already been pointed out.
                      Last edited by Platypus; 19 August 2019, 21:01.

Comment

Working...
                      X