• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit party invents Slough General Hospital

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit party invents Slough General Hospital

And spreads lies on twitter

Brexit party co-founder Catherine Blaiklock

Twitter / ?

Read the thread for your amusement

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    And spreads lies on twitter

Brexit party co-founder Catherine Blaiklock

Twitter / ?

Read the thread for your amusement
    Someone associated with a certain party probably fell for a prank. It happens, and I'll concede that she doesn't seem bright enough to attract even the smallest moth, but if your conclusion is that anyone who votes for the Brexit Party is therefore a thick twat, you haven't understood anything about why 17.4m of us don't trust the EU, and don't wish to be part of it for a second longer than absolutely necessary.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Someone associated with a certain party probably fell for a prank. It happens, and I'll concede that she doesn't seem bright enough to attract even the smallest moth, but if your conclusion is that anyone who votes for the Brexit Party is therefore a thick twat, you haven't understood anything about why 17.4m of us don't trust the EU, and don't wish to be part of it for a second longer than absolutely necessary.

Are you saying that 17.4million people are 100% behind the Brexit Party?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

She manages to attract Brexiteers.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Are you saying that 17.4million people are 100% behind the Brexit Party?
          Now there's a discussion point. The Brexit Party didn't exist in 2016, but if one assumes all the Leave voters would now be BP voters, then yes. Boris throws a potential spanner in the works, since if Leave voters fully trust him to deliver, then they may be tempted to switch to the Conservatives. There are however millions of Leave voters who wouldn't vote Tory if their lives depended on it, and they'd be stuck with BP.
          I do think that if there was a snap GE before 31st Oct, there would be some sort of alliance whereby the BP wouldn't stand against Leave voting Tories (but they would stand against Remainers).
          So to summarise, I think the 17.4m are "behind" the BP, but there may be circumstances whereby they don't necessarily vote for them. They may not get the opportunity to do so.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            She manages to attract Brexiteers.
            You're familiar with the concept of the donkey with the appropriate rosette?

Comment

Let's start with you. You're a thick twat.

Comment

Now there's a discussion point. The Brexit Party didn't exist in 2016, but if one assumes all the Leave voters would now be BP voters, then yes. Boris throws a potential spanner in the works, since if Leave voters fully trust him to deliver, then they may be tempted to switch to the Conservatives. There are however millions of Leave voters who wouldn't vote Tory if their lives depended on it, and they'd be stuck with BP.
                I do think that if there was a snap GE before 31st Oct, there would be some sort of alliance whereby the BP wouldn't stand against Leave voting Tories (but they would stand against Remainers).
                So to summarise, I think the 17.4m are "behind" the BP, but there may be circumstances whereby they don't necessarily vote for them. They may not get the opportunity to do so.
                Ah, OK.

Why would you assume that all Leave voters would be Brexit Party voters?
                Did all Leave voters want a hard Brexit?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Ah, OK.

Why would you assume that all Leave voters would be Brexit Party voters?
                  Did all Leave voters want a hard Brexit?
                  Leave voters were completely familiar with the fact that leaving the EU meant leaving the SM and the CU (because Dave & Gideon spent £9m on a leaflet telling us so). That has since been defined as a "hard Brexit", a term which didn't exist during the referendum.
                  The EU election results suggest that most Leave voters voted for the BP, but since that party had only just formed it's not easy to quantify.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Let's start with you. You're a thick twat.
                    I must be, I was starting to like you...

Comment

Working...
                    X