• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Someone is pulling some strings somewhere.

And they don't have the best interests of the population of the EU in mind.
    The EU leaders care more about the people of the UK than Westminster.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Someone is pulling some strings somewhere.
      The democratically elected MEPs? You do know we don't vote for the leader of a political party either in the UK?
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        So basically there was a lot of gnashing of teeth, but they eventually found someone good enough to replace Jean-Claude Drunker.

On the downside, one's a criminal and the other is criminally incompetent, depending on who you ask.

Still, at least they were nominated and elected in an atmosphere of transparency and cooperation.

Why do you care, you're leaving?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          You don't get it yet. The UK will not leave.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            why do you care?, you deserted some time ago.

Comment

Yesterday, 700,000,000 people were simply *informed* of their new leader's name. An unconscionable act, and one that drives a coach and horses through ideas of democracy that have we have enjoyed for 100 years.

Anyway what do we think about Ursula von der Leyen ? Er... no, on second thoughts, scratch that. Your views are irrelevant, and so are mine. She isn't answerable to us, we cannot remove her (and she knows it), so our views don't matter and there isn't much point in airing them.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                Yesterday, 700,000,000 people were simply *informed* of their new leader's name. An unconscionable act, and one that drives a coach and horses through ideas of democracy that have we have enjoyed for 100 years.

Anyway what do we think about Ursula von der Leyen ? Er... no, on second thoughts, scratch that. Your views are irrelevant, and so are mine. She isn't answerable to us, we cannot remove her (and she knows it), so our views don't matter and there isn't much point in airing them.
                In 3 weeks, 60,000,000 UK citizens will be informed of their new leader's name. So where is our democracy of last 100 years?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  In 3 weeks, 60,000,000 UK citizens will be informed of their new leader's name. So where is our democracy of last 100 years?
                  Not even elected by parliament (though will need majority parliamentary approval, or fail a vote of no confidence), but by a few tens of thousands Tory party members.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Gordon Brown?
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Can you tell me which party I voted for in the euro elections which now has Ursula as the head?

The tories have been voted in by the UK democratic process - if they need to change their leadership then so be it not a lot we can do and unless there is a huge chunk of dissatisfaction with the new leader then a GE would not be called early.

When I next get to vote in the euro elections (assuming we get another go) which party can i vote for which will remove her from that position?

Comment

Working...
                      X