• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nigel Farage...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Do you think that overseas patient status is defined by foreign nationaliity?
    Oooo now let me have a think about that....oh yes the clue must be in the word overseas, the UK being an island and all that. You know the kind of land mass that is surrounded by water.

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Oooo now let me have a think about that....oh yes the clue must be in the word overseas, the UK being an island and all that. You know the kind of land mass that is surrounded by water.

I assumed that you had made that basic error.

Educate yourself with the facts and then rejoin the conversation.

Comment

I assumed that you had made that basic error.

Educate yourself with the facts and then rejoin the conversation.
        Go on then explain to everyone why you think that the NHS should be free of charge to anyone anywhere in the world.

Comment

Go on then explain to everyone why you think that the NHS should be free of charge to anyone anywhere in the world.

Brain the size of a sand grain and I still have to communicate being a moron
          EU citizen for starters

Comment

Should? We were discussing reality. In reality, NHS-funded hospital treatment is only free of charge to people who are ordinarily resident in the UK or exempt from charges in law.

Some of this category of people, who are ordinarily resident in the UK, are foreign nationals. Some British nationals are not ordinarily resident in the UK, so are not entitled.

Now that I have educated you, you may rejoin the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              EU citizen for starters
              Only if they have a EHIC, however this does not include any pre panned treatment.

People from EEA member states and Switzerland are exempt from charge for all medically necessary treatment, including treatment for chronic conditions, including routine monitoring. They must show a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or a Provisional Replacement Certificate to receive free care.

Pre-planned treatment is not included free of charge without special, prior arrangement. Residents of EEA member states should speak to the authorities in their home country if they wish to come to the UK specifically to receive treatment.

Comment

You obviously didn't watch the interview. The questions Andrew Marr asked were very carefully scripted,
                Very carefully scripted, or Marr wanted to make sure he got Farage's quotes correct? I realise your hatred of the BBC mean that you'll say it was nothing to do with getting quotes correct.

For example, Andrew Marr asked if Nigel Farage still supported HIS STATEMENT that anybody with HIV should have treatment withheld by the NHS.
                Obviously you haven't watched the interview either.
                Andrew Marr did not ask the question that you've been told by your biased source.

When the BBC played the VT of NF supposedly making this statement what he actually said was the anybody coming to the UK, from outside of the UK, to seek FREE treatment on the NHS should be refused.
                Again, you've not watched the interview. The BBC did not show any VT to back it up. If they had wanted to, they'd have shown the clip from Sky during the election debates, or the follow up interview on ITV. But no, they didn't show either.

Take a look at the interview yourself. The question was: "Do you still feel that people with HIV should not be allowed into this country" (It's at 12:05)
                BBC One - The Andrew Marr Show, 12/05/2019, Nigel Farage on the European elections

I suspect that the BBC hater snowflakes will not be interested in viewing the interview, and will say that the BBC edited the footage live so that their TVs showed a different interview to the ones shown to others. What source did you have for the interview you didn't watch?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Should? We were discussing reality. In reality, NHS-funded hospital treatment is only free of charge to people who are ordinarily resident in the UK or exempt from charges in law.

Some of this category of people, who are ordinarily resident in the UK, are foreign nationals. Some British nationals are not ordinarily resident in the UK, so are not entitled.

Now that I have educated you, you may rejoin the conversation.
                  only if they have paid the National Health Surcharge when applying for their visa and their visa is still valid. They are some groups that are exempt from this, e.g. asylum seekers, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Very carefully scripted, or Marr wanted to make sure he got Farage's quotes correct? I realise your hatred of the BBC mean that you'll say it was nothing to do with getting quotes correct.

Obviously you haven't watched the interview either.
                    Andrew Marr did not ask the question that you've been told by your biased source.

Again, you've not watched the interview. The BBC did not show any VT to back it up. If they had wanted to, they'd have shown the clip from Sky during the election debates, or the follow up interview on ITV. But no, they didn't show either.

Take a look at the interview yourself. The question was: "Do you still feel that people with HIV should not be allowed into this country" (It's at 12:05)
                    BBC One - The Andrew Marr Show, 12/05/2019, Nigel Farage on the European elections

I suspect that the BBC hater snowflakes will not be interested in viewing the interview, and will say that the BBC edited the footage live so that their TVs showed a different interview to the ones shown to others. What source did you have for the interview you didn't watch?
                    I watched it live on Sunday morning rather than the edited clip you are quoting as your source.

Comment

only if they have paid the National Health Surcharge when applying for their visa and their visa is still valid. They are some groups that are exempt from this, e.g. asylum seekers, etc.
                      You now appear to be accepting you made an error, but you are making another error What about foreign nationals ordinarily resident in the UK who do not need a visa?
                      Last edited by Old Greg; 14 May 2019, 07:58. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                      X