• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well I never

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Perhaps earlier in the day, but not now.
    Wrong. Google Ngram Viewer Bit of dip from 1950 to 1975, but since then a steady increase.

Conclusion: you're ignorant.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Wrong. Google Ngram Viewer Bit of dip from 1950 to 1975, but since then a steady increase.

And you're so far up Old Greg's arse you can tweak his tonsils.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        And you're so far up Old Greg's arse you can tweak his tonsils.
        If it makes you feel better, you're ignorant as well. I'd hate you to feel left out.

Comment

Sorry. Didn't mean to trigger you.
          I forgive you.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

If it makes you feel better, you're ignorant as well. I'd hate you to feel left out.
            I've an excuse for my ignorance, I'm lowering myself to your level.

Comment

There is a simple English wiki page, if any Brexiteers would find that helpful.

Fellow traveller - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

I was ignorant of the term, 'earlier in the day', i.e. prior to 11:05 8th March 2019. I am no longer.
                Conclusion: You're a for not KUATB

Also, I said
                Originally posted by Bean
                it was just Old Greg using words that are generally no longer used in the UK vernacular.
                vernacular;
                the language or dialect spoken by the ordinary people in a particular country or region

You've shown that the term is used in books.

HTH BIDI

Although I am loving an ex-pat trying to lecture someone who does still reside here, with what words are spoken by the ordinary people here, by using a link that analyses books
                Keep it up though, eventually you may come across a google link worth a damn
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  No. You are incorrectly inferring. Being an educated adult is an indicator for a level of knowledge beyond what they learned in their formal education.
                  Fascinating.

What other phrases and topics are mandatory, in order to be labelled 'an educated adult'?
                  (As you seem to be suggesting that one cannot be 'an educated adult' if one doesn't understand what 'fellow traveller' means...thus making it mandatory learning.)
                  Originally posted by Old Greg
                  I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

I was ignorant of the term, 'earlier in the day', i.e. prior to 11:05 8th March 2019. I am no longer.
                    Conclusion: You're a for not KUATB
                    Three day old thread which you only return to now, and you're telling me to keep up?

Comment

Fascinating.

What other phrases and topics are mandatory, in order to be labelled 'an educated adult'?
                      (As you seem to be suggesting that one cannot be 'an educated adult' if one doesn't understand what 'fellow traveller' means...thus making it mandatory learning.)
                      Do not be sad, Bean! We can help you learn hard words.

Comment

Working...
                      X