• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The French

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Good number
    How would you know?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Well, I think we can all agree 68 is not great number.
      When it's units of alcohol that you've been drinking in the day, I think it's a large enough number to tell you to call it a day and sleep it off.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

There must be correlation between these awards and the genetic intelligence of the population.
        What's with the obsession of nobel prizes per country ?

Don't mean to p1ss on your parade (Ok I do ) but someone has tested your hypothesis and confirmed that there is NO correlation between how many Nobel prizes a country has won and it's average IQ.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/nobels.aspx

Now fella, go and find some other spurious non-fact to try to support your racist and xenophobic views

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          What's with the obsession of nobel prizes per country ?

Don't mean to p1ss on your parade (Ok I do ) but someone has tested your hypothesis and confirmed that there is NO correlation between how many Nobel prizes a country has won and it's average IQ.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/nobels.aspx

Now fella, go and find some other spurious non-fact to try to support your racist and xenophobic views
          Before we measure the correlation can we assume that, as you have suggested, countries have mean IQ scores?

Comment

Why does Scotland have 15 nobel prize winners and the Spanish have 4?

Comment

Before we measure the correlation can we assume that, as you have suggested, countries have mean IQ scores?
              I haven't suggested anything, unless you think the website and analysis is mine.

I'm merely referring to some statistical analysis which completely debunks your claims regarding the number of Nobel prizes a country has and it's average IQ.

But, to answer your question, yes a country can have a mean IQ. You do understand what mean average refers to, don't you? What you should really be asking is, what is the confidence level of this average and has this been taken into account in the coefficient calculations. I'll leave that to you to work out

Comment

Why does Scotland have 15 nobel prize winners and the Spanish have 4?
                Good question .... why don't you do a bit of research and come back an tell us what you found out.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Good question .... why don't you do a bit of research and come back an tell us what you found out.

I have, Scotland has 15 Nobel prizes, the French have 69.

They have about 10 times the population so what we have do is decide if Scottish people are very clever, or the French are very thick.

Comment

I have, Scotland has 15 Nobel prizes, the French have 69.

They have about 10 times the population so what we have do is decide if Scottish people are very clever, or the French are very thick.
                    We have already rejected your hypothesis that there is no correlation between the average IQ of a country and the number of Nobels that it has won. That's not to say that there may not be outliers in certain countries of extreme intelligence - following this logic, maybe the Scots won more because they have outliers in their IQs. The extreme intelligent ones win Nobel prizes, whilst the lower level extreme IQ population go contracting and post on CUK.

And no, you haven't researched WHY certain countries may have won more prizes than others ... you have simply listed from Wiki the number won by a select number of countries.

Have you started drinking early again today?

Comment

The standard response in polite society when I comment that I voted to leave is for people to find a trait that distances themselves from me.

"What do you do?" "Where do you live?"

They want to know that the markers that they have striven to achieve are not polluted.

Comment

Working...
                      X