• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit could be delayed until 2021, EU sources reveal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's not hypocritical. It's a pragmatic position to want to stay in an EU that one doesn't support, if one sees that leaving the EU would cause the UK significant harm. Some people believe that the harmonisation of weights and measures is part of a price worth paying for participation in the free market.
    Some people believe in God and that The Pope is the closest human being to God.

It wrong to call it a free market, because its protectionist and isn't free to anyone outside. You can call it the European Market but not the free market. after all the USA is the land of the free!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      Aren't the next ones in May? Which MEP will you vote for?
      Anyone that promises to wear a Burka and/or a mankini whilst sitting in the European parliament debates.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        Some people believe in God and that The Pope is the closest human being to God.

It wrong to call it a free market, because its protectionist and isn't free to anyone outside. You can call it the European Market but not the free market. after all the USA is the land of the free!
        My mistake. I meant single market. Thanks for the correction.

But back to the Pope, the people who believe this are deluded.

Comment

But back to the Pope, the people who believe this are deluded.
          interesting position from someone who lives in a predominately Catholic country. However, I would agree with you assuming your definition of God is limited to that as defined by the Catholic church.

Comment

interesting position from someone who lives in a predominately Catholic country. However, I would agree with you assuming your
            First point, why is it an interesting position? Recent referenda show a popular rejection of RC dogma from the constitution.

Second point, why do you think I have assumed that my definition of God is limited to that as defined by the Catholic church (inasmuch as that makes sense)? I was posting within the context of your MP's religious affiliations.

Comment

First point, why is it an interesting position? Recent referenda show a popular rejection of RC dogma from the constitution.

Second point, why do you think I have assumed that my definition of God is limited to that as defined by the Catholic church (inasmuch as that makes sense)? I was posting within the context of your MP's religious affiliations.
              Hmmm the old referenda. But did the public get the answer right. Does the rezult still reflect the current views of the voters. Did they understand what thet were voting for.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

I didn't vote for my MP either, so we have something in common.

You MP is a Eurosceptic but wants to remain in something that he doesn't believe in. Kind of Hyprocritical don't you think. Which means...we have two things in common. At this rate we will be married next week.

Not at all hypocritical, it would be like staying in a loveless marriage for the sake of the children.

Sometimes you have to do things not out of your own selfish interests but for the sake of your children. It's part of what being a grown up is all about.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hmmm the old referenda. But did the public get the answer right. Does the rezult still reflect the current views of the voters. Did they understand what thet were voting for.

They reflected the view on the day, which was contrary to RC dogma.

Comment

They reflected the view on the day, which was contrary to RC dogma.
                    And still valid today? Just like the EU referendum?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Sometimes you have to do things not out of your own selfish interests but for the sake of your children. It's part of what being a grown up is all about.
                      Is that why you shoot cyclists?

Comment

Working...
                      X