• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU to offer a new deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    He's on a roll this morning. Apparently a US politician having a veto on a US trade deal is now "attempting to interfere with British politics".
    I see you selectively managed to miss out one of my posts. No a sympathiser are we?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      How does that make you feel. A third country attempting to interfere with British Politics?
      Presumably you think the USA is free to trade with other countries as it wishes. Isn't an independent trade policy what you want for the UK?

Comment

I see you selectively managed to miss out one of my posts. No a sympathiser are we?
        ??

My comment was related to yours about the US having a vote on a US trade deal, there were no other posts of yours relevant to that.

Sympathiser of what?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Presumably you think the USA is free to trade with other countries as it wishes. Isn't an independent trade policy what you want for the UK?
          It is but I am objecting to Ireland lobbying (interfering in) American Politicians to sway them against offering any trade deal with the US after Brexit.

The US is free to trade with who it wants, but those trade negotiations should be between the two countries involved, and not have any attempted sabotage by a third country that has no place in those negotiations.

Tell me I wrong, and why I am wrong, to object to this happening.

Comment

It is but I am objecting to Ireland lobbying (interfering in) American Politicians to sway them against offering any trade deal with the US after Brexit.

The US is free to trade with who it wants, but those trade negotiations should be between the two countries involved, and not have any attempted sabotage by a third country that has no place in those negotiations.

Tell me I wrong, and why I am wrong, to object to this happening.
            You are naive. This is geopolitics and the UK wants to strike out on its own - welcome to that world. Ireland is a small country, but it has significant leverage in the USA and is going to use it. Why shouldn't it?

Feel free to object and see where it gets you.

Comment

Working...
            X