• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit worries 'add to car insurance costs'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit worries 'add to car insurance costs'

Car insurance costs are climbing for the first time since 2017, partly because of Brexit uncertainty, according to the AA.

Over the last three months, the cost of a fully comprehensive policy climbed 2.7% to £609.93 on average.

Premiums have also climbed because an expected cut in claims costs won't now take effect until April 2020.

"But underlying all of this are concerns surrounding Brexit," said AA's director of insurance Janet Connor.

She said: "Regardless of what the final deal looks like, the market has continued to battle with the value of sterling.

"This has led to the rising cost of imported car parts, further adding costs to the car repair industry which ultimately finds its way to the premiums we pay."

Brexit worries 'add to car insurance costs' - BBC News

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Car insurance costs are climbing for the first time since 2017, partly because of Brexit uncertainty, according to the AA.

Over the last three months, the cost of a fully comprehensive policy climbed 2.7% to £609.93 on average.

Premiums have also climbed because an expected cut in claims costs won't now take effect until April 2020.

"But underlying all of this are concerns surrounding Brexit," said AA's director of insurance Janet Connor.

She said: "Regardless of what the final deal looks like, the market has continued to battle with the value of sterling.

"This has led to the rising cost of imported car parts, further adding costs to the car repair industry which ultimately finds its way to the premiums we pay."

Brexit worries 'add to car insurance costs' - BBC News

You can't put a price on freedom.

Comment

My Annual Car Insurance premium dropped by £100 this year £409 for a multicar policy including 1 modern daily runner with unlimited mileage and 2 classics with 6000 miles per annum each. All full comp with business use.

My Motorcycle Insurance, just renewed this week has reduced by £10 from last year by shopping around. Yes My current Insurer had increased my premium by £100 but I got the same cover for £10 than last years premium so a total saving of £110. Again full comprehensive insurance including Helmet and Leathers, and Pillion cover. Total cost this year £184 with a 12000 mile limit.

All sounds like scare mongering to me. The answer is when your renewal is up shop around.
      Last edited by Yorkie62; 19 January 2019, 15:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        My Annual Car Insurance premium dropped by £100 this year £409 for a multicar policy including 1 modern daily runner with unlimited mileage and 2 classics with 6000 miles per annum each. All full comp with business use.

My Motorcycle Insurance, just renewed this week has reduced by £10 from last year by shopping around. Yes My current Insurer had increased my premium by £100 but I got the same cover for £10 than last years premium so a total saving of £110. Again full comprehensive insurance including Helmet and Leathers, and Pillion cover. Total cost this year £184 with a 12000 mile limit.

All sounds like scare mongering to me. The answer is when your renewal is up shop around.
        My grandad smoked 40 cigarettes a day for 60 years and lived a healthy life until his death at 91.

His individual experience must mean that the medical consensus as to the dangers of smoking is scare mongering.

Comment

Absolutely, and you are totally representative of the entire car insurance industry. Get those traitors told !
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            My grandad smoked 40 cigarettes a day for 60 years and lived a healthy life until his death at 91.

His individual experience must mean that the medical consensus as to the dangers of smoking is scare mongering.
            Why is my practical experience worth anything less than your hypothetical judgement based on what?

Comment

Why is my practical experience worth anything less than your hypothetical judgement based on what?
              Your individual anecdote is irrelevant to the trend.

Comment

Working...
              X