• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU to dictate terms of a no deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It isn't racist, but I respect your SJW freedom of speech to label me in any misguided way you choose.
    Well I suppose it is more racial stereotyping is because you are taking the colour of someones skin - in this case gammon coloured - and saying that all people with skin that colour have the same characteristics.

So for example if I say - I saw a black guy rob stuff therefore all black guys rob stuff that is racial stereotyping

So it works the same way for gammons.

Interestingly enough it is not about being an SJW it is about being bored of people being allowed to apply a label to someone and then because of that they can dehumanise the person and treat them how they want.

And sadly it seems to be the liberally left leaning middle classes who would be up in arms if you called a black person a n****** but calling a an old white person who happens to disagree with them a gammon and it's fine

Utter ******* cnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Schaeffler, the German car parts supplier, said uncertainty surrounding Brexit had contributed to its decision to close two UK factories, in Llanelli, Wales, and Plymouth, where 570 people are employed. The company said the closures would take place over the next two years.

French tyremaker Michelin announced plans to close its factory in Dundee in 2020, nearly 50 years after it opened and where 845 people are employed. It blamed dwindling demand for smaller tyres. It said the decision was unrelated to the Brexit vote.

At Schaeffler’s plant in Plymouth, a workforce of 350 people makes bearings and machine parts for the firm’s industrial division as well as the aerospace and defence industries.

At Llanelli, about 220 people are employed to make mechanical parts and bearings for the major car manufacturers and other industrial suppliers. The company said it would relocate production from the two UK factories to existing plants in the US, China, South Korea and Germany.

1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Also is it cheaper to import to Europe from the US, China and South Korea?
      Probably so the UK will be able to shut down its car manufacturing facilities without impacting the EU.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Good. £39bn we can spend on the UK rather than the EU.
        Nearly one-third of that amount was due to come back to the U.K. anyway in the form of CAP payments to farmers and regional development payments to U.K. regions. But fsck them.

Another sizeable chunk is for paying pensions for MEPs and U.K. civil servants. Fsck them as well.

Another sizeable chunk will be spent on no-Deal prep to tarmac Kent. Fsck the garden county.

The rest can be spent by the Tories on whatever they think is the most beneficial. I’m betting that’s not regional development, homelessness, food banks, or the North. Good luck though.

40% tariffs on all cars and automotive parts. Loverly Jubbly!

FTFY.

Comment

Well I suppose it is more racial stereotyping is because you are taking the colour of someones skin - in this case gammon coloured - and saying that all people with skin that colour have the same characteristics.

So for example if I say - I saw a black guy rob stuff therefore all black guys rob stuff that is racial stereotyping

Interestingly enough it is not about being an SJW it is about being bored of people being allowed to apply a label to someone and then because of that they can dehumanise the person and treat them how they want.

And sadly it seems to be the liberally left leaning middle classes who would be up in arms if you called a black person a n****** but calling a an old white person who happens to disagree with them a gammon and it's fine

Utter ******* cnuts.
          Not all white people are gammons.

Some black people will call other black people terms like 'coconut', 'Uncle Tom' or 'house negro'. These are derogatory terms and they are only typically applied to members of a certain racial group but that does not make them racist, because there is no suggestion in themthat there is anything bad about being black.

HTH, snowflake.

Comment

Utter ******* cnuts.
            A lifetime of privilege, being able to call other races whatever you like (‘70’s “sitcoms” being a good example).

Two years of being called a gammon and you’re crying foul.

Snowflake.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              A lifetime of privilege, being able to call other races whatever you like (‘70’s “sitcoms” being a good example).

Snowflake.
              It's just another form of right wing political correctness, trying to shut down free speech.

It's comparable the whole 'enemies of the people', 'crush the saboteurs', 'traitors' rhetoric. The hard right disaster capitalists nearly have their prize in their grasp, and they must use such rhetoric to stir up the gammons to act against their own self interest.

Comment

Why does he keep on posting???

Indeed now we can make a fortune out of all the remainder fookwits who will still want to buy 'German' and by 'German' we mean 'made somewhere in the EU that probably wasn't Germany and you know that fabled german engineering you think you are getting - will you are not'
                BMWs are made in the Munich area or Spartanburg, South Carolina. Do you ever think that talking facts might help you to ever say anything sensible?
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                  BMWs are made in the Munich area or Spartanburg, South Carolina. Do you ever think that talking facts might help you to ever say anything sensible?
                  He keeps posting because he is angry, confused and unable to take responsibility for his part in screwing up the country.

Just enjoy the show.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

Snowflake.
                    Not really - casual racism for comedic effect died out in the late 70's/early 80's just not sure why you continue to think it is acceptable

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    It's just another form of right wing political correctness, trying to shut down free speech.

It's comparable the whole 'enemies of the people', 'crush the saboteurs', 'traitors' rhetoric. The hard right disaster capitalists nearly have their prize in their grasp, and they must use such rhetoric to stir up the gammons to act against their own self interest.
                    I am not stopping your speech in anyway, shape or form - just please refrain from using language purely to try and raise a reaction - it's just irritating and detracts from what might actually be a good post sometimes.

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    The comment was made more in a generalist nature not specifically about BMW.

Comment

Read my lips "there will be no no-deal".

May's deal will win out or they will kick the can down the road by extending Article 50 until they decide what to do to break the political deadlock. There is no time to do anything else, including planning for 'no deal'.

Even Corbyn, who is only interested in Labour getting into power, knows he cannot win a confidence vote in the government (not the irrelevant one against May he threatened yesterday that won't even be given time of day by Parliament) while the DUP are on side as even the tory rebels will side with May over Labour.

So all rests with the DUP. Do they stick to their guns and vote against May's deal or bend to it (maybe by way of another billion or two of taxpayer's money ) to prevent Labour getting into power... we'll find out in January.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X