• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

+10%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The point you complete, utter imbecile is that it is a polling site set up by (and with current connections to) people on the right of the political spectrum.
    People who you'd expect to be sympathetic to Brexit.
    Mis-usage of data is a common problem and not relevant in the context of their finding that people are changing their mind about Brexit.
    Of course you may have detailed criticism about the statistical methodology that resulted in that finding - please feel free to let us know what that criticism is.

FFS this forum is full of total idiots.
    Please feel free to restrict you future posts to actual facts rather than conjecture and your opinion, evidenced by the use of the phrase 'You'd expect' , i.e. a statement of opinion and not a fact. The actual fact is that there are many people on the right and left of the political spectrum, including both current leaders of the left and right parties in the UK, who are in fact Remainers. So your opinion that people on the right spectrum of political views are Brexiters is flawed.

The mis-usage of data is highly relevant in any political argument. Unless you know the sample size, the distribution of that sample size over the UK, the demographic of that sample size, it all juts lies damn lies and statistics, OH and its B*ll*cks.

I could go out in the street find one individual who is pro No deal and extrapolate that across the country and come up with how peoples views are changing in favour of a no deal Brexit, but IT WOULD BE B*ll*cks.

The misuse of information and published on a website, which to be honest your average Joe/Josaphine would believe to be official, can be highly influential in any political arena/vote. The mis-use of information and use of social media to influence voting is now a massive problem to any democratic society.

You are now embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Please feel free to restrict you future posts to actual facts rather than conjecture and your opinion, evidenced by the use of the phrase 'You'd expect' , i.e. a statement of opinion and not a fact. The actual fact is that there are many people on the right and left of the political spectrum, including both current leaders of the left and right parties in the UK, who are in fact Remainers. So your opinion that people on the right spectrum of political views are Brexiters is flawed.

The mis-usage of data is highly relevant in any political argument. Unless you know the sample size, the distribution of that sample size over the UK, the demographic of that sample size, it all juts lies damn lies and statistics, OH and its B*ll*cks.[/B]

I could go out in the street find one individual who is pro No deal and extrapolate that across the country and come up with how peoples views are changing in favour of a no deal Brexit, but IT WOULD BE B*ll*cks.

The misuse of information and published on a website, which to be honest your average Joe/Josaphine would believe to be official, can be highly influential in any political arena/vote. The mis-use of information and use of social media to influence voting is now a massive problem to any democratic society.

You are now embarrassing yourself
      Oh, the irony. Pot, kettle.
      Your argument is, like all thick Brexiters, all over the place.
      The point here is: Is the conclusion that YouGov made as shown in their map correct or not?
      And you have no evidence that the sample size (which you completely misunderstand BTW) or any other aspect of the statistical methodology is non-valid.
      Indeed you could go out on the street and interpolate from one individual, but that would make you an ignorant Brexiter - that is why we use scientific methodology.
      So please feel free to restrict you future posts to actual facts rather than conjecture and your opinion.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Although...

Until 12 December 2017, I had a shareholding in YouGov plc, which I co-founded, that was below the registrable value. (Updated 19 January 2018)
        He's also a shareholder in Sthree and I believe gets paid by them for consultancy, or something like that. Wants to privatise the NHS
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Oh, the irony. Pot, kettle.
          Your argument is, like all thick Brexiters, all over the place.
          The point here is: Is the conclusion that YouGov made as shown in their map correct or not?
          And you have no evidence that the sample size (which you completely misunderstand BTW) or any other aspect of the statistical methodology is non-valid.
          Indeed you could go out on the street and interpolate from one individual, but that would make you an ignorant Brexiter - that is why we use scientific methodology.
          So please feel free to restrict you future posts to actual facts rather than conjecture and your opinion.
          Leave him be. He is still in shock that this isn't a real government operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Leave him be. He is still in shock that this isn't a real government operation.
            Stop. My ribs hurt.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Stop. My ribs hurt.

Comment

Working...
              X