• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit deal 'better than staying in EU' says Philip Hammond

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit deal 'better than staying in EU' says Philip Hammond

Chancellor Philip Hammond has insisted that the Prime Minister's Brexit deal is better than remaining in the EU.
    He said the deal respected the result of the 2016 referendum and offered "the best compromise possible".

Some Brexiteers, including ex-Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab, have said the deal is worse than staying in the EU.
    Theresa May is hoping the leaders of the remaining 27 EU countries agree to her deal on Sunday, but Spain has raised objections over Gibraltar.

Spain's Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has demanded written assurances that Spain will be directly consulted on any future decisions over the territory - or says he may refuse to attend Sunday's summit.

Brexit deal 'better than staying in EU' says Philip Hammond - BBC News

Surreal - Brexiteers begin to speak truth, and feckeit Remainer peddles obvious falsehoods

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Chancellor Philip Hammond has insisted that the Prime Minister's Brexit deal is better than remaining in the EU.
    Well he WOULD say that wouldn't he? Another Bremoaner with a tenuous grip on reality.

Honestly, you really do need to listen to those of us that can see the bigger picture. Throughout this debacle I have been a Lord Byron at a time when most Bremainiacs on here have been lionising Pam Ayres!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Throughout this debacle I have been a deluded congenital idiot just like all the other Brexiters who believed in the crap they were fed by the demagogues.

Now, like most Brexiters, I'm looking to blame someone else for my stupidity just like you intelligent Remainers predicted would happen.

FTFY
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well he WOULD say that wouldn't he? Another Bremoaner with a tenuous grip on reality.

Honestly, you really do need to listen to those of us that can see the bigger picture. Throughout this debacle I have been a Lord Byron at a time when most Bremainiacs on here have been lionising Pam Ayres!

If you say so..

Byron was both celebrated and castigated in his life for his aristocratic excesses, which included huge debts, numerous love affairs with both men and women, as well as rumours of a scandalous liaison with his half-sister
        However after Brexit, Byron would probably be a bit ****ed due to freedom of movement stopping him from spending most of his life on the continent and then fighting for the Greeks...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          If you say so..

Yeah....whatever.....Pam!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If you say so..

However after Brexit, Byron would probably be a bit ****ed due to freedom of movement stopping him from spending most of his life on the continent and then fighting for the Greeks...
            Who'd have thunk it? PosterBhoi comes out as a gay Europhile
            I knew he came across as too stupid to be credible - good false flag operation, SB
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Whereabouts on the radio this morning did I hear virtually that same quote (and it wasn't a Brexit reference)?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

If you say so..

Byron was more making tea for the Greeks them actually fighting.

Comment

So glad you agree. The Withdrawal Agreement is something we can all rally around, and will be the one thing that unites the U.K. in the glorious future.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    He's saying that because he knows it makes no difference. He can look loyal whilst being 100% confident not a single person will take any notice.

We all know that the next stage is Referendum II - Return of the EU
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X