• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory rebels cave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    If it goose-steps like a :nazi: and wants to invade Poland, the chances are it's a :nazi:
    Says the man who refuses to work for Jews because he claims that they think that gentiles are only there to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      From a link in that article - about Angela Merkel

'Even though the German chancellor has been repeatedly clear - in public and private - that she will not divide the ‘four freedoms’ of the European Union to accommodate British euroscepticism, it is remarkable how those hopes endure.'

So it's now up to the German chancellor to decide what the EU can and cannot do then?

Hmmmm...
      Because Germany have a veto vote, just like the UK. You thicko. But don't worry, after March next year we'll no longer have a veto so Germany will have even more of a say
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Because Germany have a veto vote, just like the UK. You thicko. But don't worry, after March next year we'll no longer have a veto so Germany will have even more of a say
        Christianity has the Devil. It's not essential to the idea if you do as you are told you will go to heaven but it is very handy in aligning the proletariate by giving them a sense of threat. Similarly PosterBhoys don't need the imaginary evil EU. They are attracted by the gambling - they will boldy roll the dice and win big for the UK. However the sense of control they get from arguing they are freeing us from a wicked, despotic oppressor is so, so heroic. That's why they are always smileying. They feel good about themselves.

Brexiteers are just gamblers. They risk things when they don't know what the outcome might be. However the curious thing about gamblers is they tend not to gamble to win. They gamble to.. gamble. The process detaches them from day-to-day realities and gives them a sense of bravery, decisiveness and self belief. This is why it is difficult to bring them down to earth by pointing out the fact they lost. They aren't actually motivated by whether Brexit is a good thing for them or anybody else. They voted because of the empowering sensation they got from ticking that box and inserting that voting paper.
        Last edited by Cirrus; 1 November 2018, 07:23.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Read the title, expected X-wing fighters and Luke Warmwater. Very disappointing.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Read the title, expected X-wing fighters and Luke Warmwater. Very disappointing.
            Luke and the x-wing fighters were proper rebels who were willing to stand up and firm for their beliefs, where as the Tory Rebels are more like Jar-Jar Binks, bit part characters to be laughed at but never taken seriously. A bit like Shaun, Bean and Vetran.

Comment

Luke and the x-wing fighters were proper rebels who were willing to stand up and firm for their beliefs, where as the Tory Rebels are more like Jar-Jar Binks, bit part characters to be laughed at but never taken seriously. A bit like Shaun, Bean and Vetran.
              JRM and allies are the Sith.

Sith philosophy lionizes conflict as a catalyst for growth and as a tool for purging the unworthy. Members of the Sith Order adhere to master morality, are characterized by the desire to seize power by any means necessary, leveraging force (both physical and supernatural), social maneuvering, and political cunning to their advantage.

It's no wonder that every British fascist outfit is on their side.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                JRM and allies are the Sith.

Sith philosophy lionizes conflict as a catalyst for growth and as a tool for purging the unworthy. Members of the Sith Order adhere to master morality, are characterized by the desire to seize power by any means necessary, leveraging force (both physical and supernatural), social maneuvering, and political cunning to their advantage.

It's no wonder that every British fascist outfit is on their side.
                You forgot to mention that the have really cool outfits too. Darth maul - Jacob Rees-Mogg. Could be twins, Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  You forgot to mention that the have really cool outfits too. Darth maul - Jacob Rees-Mogg. Could be twins, Just saying.
                  Definitely in line for post of the day

Comment

And we'll be out so we don't have to give a sh!t any longer...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                      Brexiteers are just gamblers. They risk things when they don't know what the outcome might be.
                      Except we know exactly what the outcome will be. We finally get to elect those who make the rules. Unlike now, when those who make the rules don't even have to bother themselves with the inconveniences of the electorate...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X