• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The WTOSSR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    And whilst we're at it let's also leave
    NATO - Bunch of unelected bureaucrats
    UN - Bunch of unelected bureaucrats

Of Course we'll keep
    House of lords - Bunch of unelected bureaucrats
    The Queen - Unelected fossil
    Who is this "we" of whom you speak clog-brain?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

AH, someone else noticed at last

Comment

I live here, so it's we Mr Shaun the sheep
        But keep on ignoring the fact that we have a bunch of unelected money grabbing leaders in this country and blame what you think are unelected people in the EU

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          I live here, so it's we
          Well if you don't like it then I doubt there will be many tears shed if you take your ungrateful cheese-munching arse back across the channel.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Well if you don't like it then I doubt there will be many tears shed if you take your ungrateful cheese-munching arse back across the channel.

I hate cheeae

Comment

He clearly doesn't hate the UK as much as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                He clearly doesn't hate the UK as much as you do.
                At least I haven't bailed out like you.

Comment

At least I haven't bailed out like you.

There is still a motability budget for you to drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    There is still a motability budget for you to drain.
                    Well if I ever need one I'll PM you for instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                      Those are the reasons some say they want out of the EU.

have a go at answering the following questions and then see if there's a trend...;

Does the WTO have a parliament?
                      It's tough. The EU has a parliament, because it is a democratic organisation and the population of Europe vote for our representatives in there.

So some Brexiters complain that it has a parliament, and some complain it isn't democratic enough. Maybe they also need a House of EU Lords?

Does the WTO have a flag? (not a logo)
                      Well, when the logo appears on a flag...

Does the WTO give overly generous expenses to employees, whilst maintaining austerity is enforced elsewhere?
                      It's an old article
                      No salary hike now, WTO tells its chief | Business Standard News
                      But its from 2009, at the height of the credit crunch, when the then WTO Director General was trying to give himself a 30% payrise. (which got denied). Apparently back then he was on half a million dollars a year and still wanted 30% more.

Roberto Azevedo - Wikipedia - the current WTO DG gets a CHF 300,000 salary with a CHF 200,000 allowance.

The Prime Minister's salary is only £150,000.
                      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
                      X