• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public may have to stockpile drugs in no-deal Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public may have to stockpile drugs in no-deal Brexit

The public may have to stockpile medicines if there is a no-deal Brexit, industry leaders say.

Martin Sawer, of the Healthcare Distributors Association, told MPs industry was "very concerned" about a no-deal as it could have "catastrophic" consequences for the supply of drugs.

The government has asked firms to start stockpiling a six-week supply of drugs.

Mr Sawer said there was no need for the public to do the same "yet", but the picture could change very quickly.
    The UK imports 37 million packs of medicine each month from the EU, although even more are exported out of the country.

Concern has been raised that prolonged disruption at the borders could disrupt the supply chain.

Ministers have already asked firms to start stockpiling, although that is logistically difficult for medicines that need refrigerating like insulin and vaccines, or for those with short shelf lives, which some cancer treatments have.

Public may have to stockpile drugs in no-deal Brexit - BBC News

Oh dear - poor sudated smurfs will be out of jobs...

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The public may have to stockpile medicines if there is a no-deal Brexit, industry leaders say.

Martin Sawer, of the Healthcare Distributors Association, told MPs industry was "very concerned" about a no-deal as it could have "catastrophic" consequences for the supply of drugs.

The government has asked firms to start stockpiling a six-week supply of drugs.

Mr Sawer said there was no need for the public to do the same "yet", but the picture could change very quickly.
    The UK imports 37 million packs of medicine each month from the EU, although even more are exported out of the country.

Concern has been raised that prolonged disruption at the borders could disrupt the supply chain.

Ministers have already asked firms to start stockpiling, although that is logistically difficult for medicines that need refrigerating like insulin and vaccines, or for those with short shelf lives, which some cancer treatments have.

Public may have to stockpile drugs in no-deal Brexit - BBC News

Oh dear - poor sudated smurfs will be out of jobs...
    Indeed I would if I lived in the UK and had any sort of condition.
    But I don't so WGAS.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Reading all this utter bollox you losers post about the post Brexit apocalypse, I need some serious anti-depressants...

Comment

If only there was some other way to save us!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Reading all this utter bollox you losers post about the post Brexit apocalypse, I need some serious anti-depressants...
          You'd better stockpile them now...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Drugs....? Check.
            Guns....? Check.
            Cash....? Check.
            Well, I'm all set....

Comment

Photoshop license paid up for a few years in advance?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Indeed I would if I lived in the UK and had any sort of condition.
                YOUR "condition" is not something that can be treated with Drugs, no matter how strong.

The fact that you have felt compelled to leave the South-East of England as you have run out of people prepared to give you the time of day is the underlying issue.

You will need to venture much further afield than rural Iberia to pull off any sort of improvement........good and all as you clearly are at "pulling off"!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                X